Chapter Seventeen

Earlier that evening.

Papyrus is training Asriel again. Asriel seems a bit tired.

"Hmph. Better today, but needs room for improvement." Papyrus grumbled.

Asriel nodded. "Thanks," he said with a smile. Even if it wasn't much of a compliment, it was still a lot coming from Papyrus. He wasn't as miserable as the other time training either. That was a nightmare.

(Now, I can go back and see how Chara's day has been!) Asriel thought happily. If his brother was having a good day then sometimes it made him feel a little bit better about his own shortcomings.

Papyrus headed over to Undyne and put his arm around her shoulder. "Come now, darling. We're done for the day. May I take you out tonight?"

Papyrus whispered in her ear that it tickled. "A date for just the two of us."

Undyne jumped a bit in surprise at this. "Woah!" She said with a smile, trying to hide her surprise. "I would love to!"

Undyne reached up and took his hand in her own. "Nice job today!" She called out to Asriel. "Papyrus and I are going to go now, so feel free to head back to your place any time!"

Papyrus blushed a smidge and had a little smile. They walked away, hand in hand in the darkness towards the other direction.

Asriel watched as the two walked away and he took a deep breath. (Why do I feel lonely?) He wondered. His heart ached a little bit.

Asriel was getting closer to Frisk's house when he heard what sounded like glass shattering. Hurriedly, he ran up to the house. (What was that?) He then spotted a man in almost completely black clothes running away. Frisk's window was broken. "Hey!" Asriel yelled. "What are you doing?!" He instinctively started to run after him. If this guy did something to Frisk, he had to be stopped!

Despite Asriel's shouts, the suspicious man kept running from Asriel. He was pretty fast, but not too fast due to Asriel's training for a week.

Asriel finally caught up to him. He didn't want to hurt him since he wasn't sure yet if he was right about his suspicions. It seemed that way, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions. He grabbed onto the man's arm. "What are you doing here?" He asked. His voice had more concern than anger.

"Just showing the chick that she's disgusting." The man bitterly laughed. "You fancy the human girl too, eh? Dang. She dates a skeleton and now has a goat after her. You all are sick!"

"H-huh?" Asriel stuttered in surprise. "No, it's not like that! I'm just doing my job!"

Asriel didn't know why the man was so upset with him. He didn't even know him! (Frisk...is dating Sans?) He felt his heart rate quicken.

"Job? Whaddya gonna do? Arrest me?" The man shoves Asriel the side. "If that brick hit that broad in the face, she prolly dead anyway. Not mah prob."

Asriel's face turned to anger hearing that. "It is your problem! You have to own up to your mistakes!" Asriel stomped the ground angrily and grabbed his arm again.

The man's eyes shown he had a cocky smile. "Eh? I've done nothing wrong."

Papyrus's words echoed through Asriel's head from training earlier.