Chapter Ten

"Frisk!" Sans yelled. He didn't know what to do. He reached out and touched her face. He was in shock. He couldn't cry even though he wanted to.

Sans desperate voice was interrupted by a slightly familiar voice to him.

"Interesting. A SOUL comes out with force, not with machines." Gaster's smile widens as he studies the bright, red SOUL in his hand. "It's a shame she didn't RESET on her own will instead of dying. I had wondered what would have happened with the universes merged, but no matter. This is very, very interesting."

Sans turned around to see a tall skeleton monster behind him. "What did you do?" He asked angrily. He felt his eye sockets go dark. "What did you do?!" He asked again, this time more loud. He couldn't believe what he just saw...was Frisk really gone?

"Experiment Four: Frisk." Gaster studied the SOUL. "Her DETERMINATION is the strongest I have ever come across. Very interesting."

Another shadowy hand appeared behind Chara. Chara hopped backwards and slashes it. It glitches out.

"Clever, but not quite." Gaster's smile widened as the hand digs and yanks out Chara's SOUL. Chara fell down with a loud thump. Gaster brings Chara's SOUL next to Frisk's. It's a shade of red, but slightly different.

Asriel watched as Chara collapsed onto the ground. He ran over to his lifeless body and fell to the ground beside him, laying his head on him.

He started to sob into his shoulder, his back heaving with each painful breath. "Chara...!" he whispered through tears. He felt all alone. He was part of the royal guard with Undyne and Papyrus, but he didn't really know them very well. The only one left that he went the journey on with was Sans.

"Alphys. Take care of them." Gaster motions towards Papyrus, Undyne and Asriel, giving her Chara's SOUL to consume for power.

"Final experiment: TESTING HUMAN DETERMINATION'S POWER." Gaster absorbed Frisk's SOUL and turned into a huge, glitched form. His arms became extended. He had Gaster Blasters among his body. He was huge.

Sans was too distracted by Gaster, and by Frisk's lifeless body though to notice the fluffy boy's pain.

Undyne looked over at Papyrus. "We have to make sure he doesn't get hurt since he's vulnerable!" She said. She summoned a spear. "Ready?" She asked.

Sans's eyes traveled to Alphys as she was absorbing the SOUL. Her eyes turned white, and showed no signs of emotion. She got a twisted smile on her face that was enough to make Sans feel creeped out.

Alphys summoned a strange bunch of what appeared to be wires. She aimed them at the most vulnerable of the group. Asriel. The wires delivered an electric shock before recoiling. It wasn't enough to kill him, but it left him stunned.

Papyrus bolted out a bunch of chained red bones, taking apart the wires shocking Asriel as he falls to his knees from all the shock. "Snap out of it!" Papyrus growled. "As part of the royal guard, you must fight in any battle conditions!"

It sounded cruel, but survival is what they need to do.

"This power... DETERMINATION.. All my years of research." Gaster fired some blasters towards Sans. His voice sounded more eerie. "I have experimented with human SOULs before. Nothing like this one."