Chapter Twenty

Frisk heard Chara's voice booming outside. She was listening to what was happening along with Sans.

Humans and monsters are different. Rarely, humans are merciful. Monsters seek peace with each other. The worse they can do is have dumb arguments with each other.

Something stirred up inside Frisk.

(Things are about to get violent. I need to stop this...I want our world to shape like how monsters live. Pure MERCY. No violence or discrimination!) Frisk's look turned into pure DETERMINATION. She takes a step forward. (I may be afraid of dying, but I won't die!!)

A bright yellow light shined at the corner of Frisk's eye. There it was. A SAVE star. Frisk stared at it in awe as Sans looked at her noticing it.

"Where did that come from?" Sans asked in awe. He had never seen a SAVE star just appear like that. He thought that was impossible!

(This is....) Frisk thought.

Usually a SAVE star would indicate incoming danger. Frisk hesitated for a bit before touching it, but then, she reaches out before Sans could say anything.

Brightness.

This SAVE was different.

All she could see around her was white. Sans was gone.

What was this?

"DON'T WORRY, HUMAN!"

A familiar voice.

"IT IS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS!! I HAVE GOTTEN YOUR SAVE FILE OVERWRITTEN! YOU DON'T NEED TO BE SCARED ABOUT COMING BACK TO THE UNDERGROUND AND FACING THOSE TERRIBLE THINGS AGAIN! NYEHEHEH!"

Frisk couldn't speak or say anything. She knows Papyrus isn't alive, but...

"NOW GET BACK OUT THERE!

I BELIEVE IN YOU BOTH!

AND TELL SANS TO PICK UP HIS DANG SOCKS!"

Everything turned back to normal. The brightness was gone. Frisk was just back in her familiar surroundings in Sans's house.

FILE SAVED. The star disappeared. Sans didn't see what Frisk had seen. He looked worried still.

Tears filled Frisk's eyes from the shock of it. It was more so a happy shock. (They're here... In spirit. Rooting for us...)

"Are you crying?" Sans asked. "You didn't get hurt or anything, did you? Is the file saved?" All of his questions came out quickly due to his worry.

Frisk ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "Don't worry... The file is saved. We won't relive that nightmare again. I don't know how, but Papyrus told me so."

Frisk didn't get to see off Papyrus like Sans did. This may be his way of saying farewell to her too.

"Papyrus...? He came to talk to you." The last part wasn't questioning anymore. Sans was sure that Frisk was telling the truth.

Sans felt less sad knowing that Frisk got to see him. (I was right. He's not completely gone.)

"He also said to pick up your socks." Frisk laughed a little through her teary eyes.