Chapter Twenty-Two

Sans noticed the look on Chara's face. "You're worried about him, aren't you? I know I would be," he said quietly so Asriel wouldn't hear. He couldn't imagine if Papyrus would have been king. Probably pure chaos.

"I kinda wished it wouldn't have happened, but what can I do?" Chara murmured. "He may have beaten Papyrus, but the way he chooses things are far from diplomatic. I'm worried he won't be taken seriously with this." He sighed again as they followed Asriel.

Frisk can sympathize. To her, Asriel is like a puppy dog. Except he's a goat. She's gotten better not to pet fluffy monsters. Otherwise, Sans would probably get mad.

"He will figure it out," Sans responded. "He's just...a bit too innocent," he said with a nervous chuckle. "Is he looking at his phone right now though?"

Sans could see Asriel looking down at something in his hand. Whatever he was looking at, he seemed worried about something.

"Rei! Focus!" Chara scolded as they approached two men in black suits blocking the door. Asriel was about to bump into them as Chara grabbed his arm.

Asriel gasped. He was starting to get a bit flustered as he put his phone out of sight. "Sorry," he mumbled. He looked up at the two men in front of them. "Hello! I'm king Asriel! My friends and I are here for a meeting so if we can just get past-"

One of the men put his hand on his ear piece. There was a muffled speech coming from it. He glared at them. Especially noticing Frisk with Sans. "No. No one's allowed to see the mayor right now."

Except the other man lets through a random person. You can hear murmurs like 'Are you with them?' 'No, I live here in the city.'

"But you just let someone through...why are you lying about it so obviously?" Asriel was starting to get angry. (It's us. They don't want us in there....) He thought. (That's not fair at all!)

"The mayor wants nothing to do with your town." The man bluntly said. "Now, leave the premises."

Frisk looked sad. Chara and Sans were also getting angry. Before Chara could furiously speak his mind. "You-"

"I have just as much power as your mayor does," Asriel argued, interrupting Chara. "You don't have a right to shut us out. We're just as valid as you and we came here to talk to the mayor!" He had that look in his eyes again like there was a fire inside.

"I cannot allow you to pass. Mayor's orders. Nothing you do or say can be done." The man said in a stern tone.

"It's effecting everyone in Mt. Ebott. How is that even right?" Frisk spoke up.

"And whose fault is that?" The man glared.

"It's your fault," Sans said. His eyes went dark. He didn't walk closer though. He stayed by Frisk's side. "We made the choice to be together, not to cause all these problems. That was your choice to treat us so."

(Talking to Frisk like that is not ok!) He felt like his blood was boiling. "You just blame us because you don't want to own up to your actions. Even if you don't agree with us being together, you can't seriously be so ignorant that you can't see who is the cause of our suffering."

"The people have felt uncomfortable around you two." The man argued back. "Not only is it illegal-"

"Who says it is illegal?! This is a breach of the ACT movement!" Chara retaliated.