Asriel Route (Part Two)

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter may be sensitive to some.

Sans just ignored what Chara said. "I will catch up. Just let me stay here for a little bit." He was remembering how Papyrus had reacted when he first saw the sun in one timeline. It had been the sunset just like this. He had found happiness on the journey with Frisk. That was all gone now. (What will I do now? I don't have a chance anymore.)

Chara stood there silently too. He scratched the back of his head. What could be said? He thought for awhile and then came up with something.

"I know, it hurts." Chara kicked a rock to the side awkwardly. "Uh...I'm the same way. Not going to lie, I was a bit shocked a little bit that Rei confessed. But, I'd rather put my brother before any of my own feelings anyway." That last statement made Chara's own heart ache.

Sans continued to ignore him. He felt himself start to tremble. (If I turn around right now and say something, maybe things would be okay. Me and Chara could actually get along.) He still had some mistrust though.

Better Asriel than Chara to be with Frisk, right......?

Chara gotten the hint and started to walk away. "Well, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you as well."

As Chara left, Sans was just left with his brooding thoughts.

....

A few days have passed. Monsters had eventually come to the surface as well. There was Papyrus and Undyne, helping them get to the surface. Papyrus wants to wage war with humanity, but Undyne had to sadly lock him up somewhere to keep everyone safe. Especially telling Papyrus that Asriel is King Asgore's son.

Sans has been keeping to himself. Frisk found it strange, but she assumed he must have been mourning for Papyrus.

Chara takes Frisk and Asriel to the city to do some ambassador work.

"I'll be right back, you two." Chara smiled and waved.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Frisk asked.

"It's fine!" Chara assured. If Frisk went then Asriel would have too. He wasn't sure if it would work out that way.

"Bye Chara!" Asriel exclaimed. He waved goodbye and then turned to Frisk. He was so happy to be spending time with her! He wanted to feel even closer, so he reached down and took her hand. He smiled at her with slightly red cheeks. "So what will we do while we wait?"

Frisk felt happy with the warmth of Asriel's hand. She also had her cheeks with a pink hue. "We should wait here for Chara to come out."

They both sat next to each other, pretty closely. Making them both blush.

"I hope everything goes well with Chara." Frisk continued. Toriel would have wanted humans and monsters getting along... That was Frisk's main goal to getting to the surface. But Chara suggested that he could be the Ambassador instead.

"Me too. I think he will do great! I believe in him!" Asriel tried to think of Chara, but he was too distracted to think of anything but the present.

There were some humans walking by that had spotted the two and didn't look happy about it. Some of them were giving hateful glares in their direction and whispering to one another. Asriel seemed to be in too much of a blissful state to notice that something was wrong at first. Once he did though, his smile faded.