Chapter 27: Try Baking

I drove Bella's truck to the supermarket to bake my dad a S'Mores Lasagna. He has a sweet tooth for S'mores and his favorite main meal is Lasagna sooo why not combine those two? Of course it would be all S'mores only just in Lasagna shaped. I parked the truck a little close to the supermarket and got out.

I locked the truck before heading inside the supermarket and grabbed a basket. I went to the sweets aisle and looked around to see if I can find the ingredients I needed. After I finished grabbing the ingredients, I payed it to the cashier who asked for my autograph which I gave for him. He gave me a discount which shock me for a moment and I gave him a good amount of tip before carrying my groceries.

——

I got hope soon and check the time seeing that I still have a few more hours before dad comes home. I got out the truck and carried the bags inside the house. I went to the kitchen and brought out all the tools I need.

First, I have to set up all the ingredients to get them all ready. 1/4 cup of hot fudge sauce, 2 (7.5-oz.) jars of marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup of cocoa, 1 (16-oz.) container of cool whip, 2 cups of dark chocolate chips, 1 cooking spray, 3 sleeves of graham crackers, 2 (8-oz.) blocks of cream cheese, 3 1/2 cups of whole milk, 2 (3.9-oz.) boxes of chocolate pudding, 4 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows, and 2 broken into small pieces of Hershey bars.

I sighed after finishing setting the ingredients up. I thought for a moment before snapping my finger as I set up a camera.

"Hello everyone! It is me Blair! And today, I will be making my dad a S'mores Lasagna. You guys might be wondering why it's called that, well it is exactly what it sounds. S'mores into Lasagna! So, if you want to make any family member this kind of meal, I'll be helping you bake it with me." I smiled towards the camera as Max howls in the background.

"Sorry Max, it's bad for dogs!" I called out earning another howl of reply causing me to giggle and face the camera.

"Let us begin!" I smiled.

"First things first, we spray our 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Then have two separate large bowls with one having a whisked chocolate pudding with milk and cocoa. Another bowl with marshmallow crème with cream cheese and we have to beat it until it is smooth." I instructed as I did what I said on camera.

"Second, line the bottom of the sprayed baking dish with one layer of graham crackers before spreading half of the marshmallow mixture and sprinkle with 2 cups of mini marshmallows so it could add lovely flavor and texture. Next spread half of the chocolate pudding mixture over the marshmallow layer and add 2 cups of dark chocolate chips. Now, let's repeat this 2 times." I smiled and ate a piece of marshmallow.

"Now that the layering is done, let's refrigerate this lovely S'mores lasagna for 2 hours. So, first, cover it with foil of course and wait for 2 hours." I covered the s'mores lasagna before opening the refrigerator and brought the lasagna inside.

"While the lasagna is refrigerated, I will be making the main dish, which is a Korean dish called Bibimbap. Soooo, let's try." I smiled towards the camera again and began instructing on what to do.

——

After I finished with the Bibimbap, I heard the timer go off telling me that the Lasagna was finished.

"Seems like the lasagna is finished. Let us see what it looks like." I made my way to the refrigerator and opened it. I gently took the lasagna out and placed it on the counter panting a little.

"That was heavy." I giggled before removing the foil.

"I know it doesn't seem much with the flat surface, but that is just the beginning of it. Now, we add some of the final touch. We cover the lasagna with cool whip so we could have more flavor and lovely quality. Then heat up the hot fudge sauce in the microwave about 1 minute and 30 seconds just to warm it up and pourable, but not too hot." I heated the hot fudge sauce.

"If the hot sauce isn't liquid enough then add another 30 seconds." I told the viewers before hearing the beeping of my microwave. I grab the warm hot fudge sauce gently and made my way to the lasagna.

"And now, pour it slowly all over the lasagna." I smiled and pour the fudge on the stop as I smiled and laughed at the satisfaction of the pouring. After I was done pouring it all, I then instructed to crush the rest of the left behind graham crackers and spread it as well. Now, I spread the rest of the dark chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on top.

"And viola! You are finished and it is ready to serve! Thank you for watching and I hope you have a nice day. Byeeee!" I smiled waving my hands before I stop recording. I cleaned the rest of the stop and covered the lasagna up with foil and head up the stairs to get change.

After I was done changing, I walk downstairs and prepared the table as well as placing the lasagna on the middle. I smiled happily and heard the front door unlocking as Max ran downstairs and began barking. I walked out the kitchen as I saw dad walk inside the house and smiled gently down at Max and petted him.

"Hey, bud! Good to see you again!" He greeted.

"Dad." I called out and I gave him a hug as he did as well.

"Hey, princess. Missed you."

"I miss you too. I have a surprise for you." I told him with a smile and he raises a brow at me.

"A surprise? Shouldn't I be the one doing that?" He asked and I shushed him.

"Cover your eyes." I said and he looks at me before sighing and doing so. I giggled and pulled him to the dining room with Max trailing behind us.

"Princess, why do I need to cover my eyes?" He asked.

"You'll see. Now, open." I smiled and he uncovers his eyes before looking at the table with shock.

"Holy....fudge sauce." He says making me laugh at his choice of words.

"What's this?" He asked looking at the plate.

"That is a Korean dish called Bibimbap." I answered and his eyes went towards the foil covered 9" x 13" baking dish.

"And this?"

"Remove it!" I encouraged and he removes it as his eyes widen.

"I know how you like Lasagna and S'mores sooo, I combined them. Of course, its our dessert." I told him and he stares at the Lasagna with a still shock face.

"Dad?" I called a little worried. He turns to face me with teary eyes before he walked towards me and gave me a hug which I returned.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, princess." He whispers softly and I smiled happily.

"Anything for you, dad. Come on, the Bibimbap is not gonna stay hot for long." I joked and he laughs pulling away as we both sat down and ate together.