Chapter 39: Tension

I was home alone as dad went to work after a unknown attack that is now happening. Max helps me cleans the house as I started putting songs on my speakers that's connected to my phone.

"Cause baby I don't got no money
But I am full of honey
I could give you all my love
Its true

Cause baby you got my heart
And I always fall apart
But I'll never understand
How you never see me then!

Oh baby please look at me!
Oh baby please come and kiss me!
I keep fallin in love, oh
I keep fallin in love, oh." I sang and dance through the beat not hearing the door opening and closing.

"You see me dancin'
You see me singin'
But you just walk pass by

I couldn't help it
I couldn't stop it
Cause I am fallin' oh right

Oh baby please look at me!
Oh baby please come and kiss me!
I keep fallin' in love, oh
I keep fallin' in love, oh." I sang and turned around to sing some more, but I stopped seeing Edward watching me with a smirk as he leans against the doorway. My eyes widen and I blush as I stop the music that was playing and turned quickly.

"Edward! Heeeeey, how...how long have you been standing there?" I ask laughing nervously as he chuckles and taps his finger under his chin before looking at me.

"Maybe when you began shaking that butt of yours to beat and began singing again." He answers and my face heated up as I covered it causing him to laugh. He walked up to me and gave me a hug while I made a high pitch sound of embarrassment.

"I hate you sooo much." I told him as I look up at him and he chuckles leaning towards me with a smirk.

"You didn't tell me that last night." He whispered teasingly as I smack his chest making him laugh.

"Kidding! Kidding. Love you, Ma Reine." He says and held me close to him as I held him too.

"Love you too, Mon Roi." I smiled happily snd he kisses my head. I looked up at him as we leaned in to kiss when we heard Max barking. We look towards him seeing his tail wag as he hops onto the door scratching it.

I walked up to Max and moved him aside laughing as he kept barking happily. I opened the door and saw Jacob.

"Jake, hey! What brings you here?" I ask and Jacob gave me a charming smile.

"Just came to visit. I haven't seen you in a while and I have a lot of free time." Jacob tells me as I giggled and let him in.

"Why does it smell like dead corpse?" Jacob ask and I raised a brow.

"What?" I ask and Edward walked out from the living room.

"I cleaned the whole house for you." He tells me and I gave him a smile of appreciation as he wraps his arm around my waist and kiss the top of my head.

"Edward." Jacob greeted with a slight growl and we pulled away.

"Jacob, nice seeing again. Took steroids I see." Edward jokes causing Jacob to growl at him. I cleared my throat causing Jacob to stop, but kept his eyes towards Edward.

"Anyways, why don't we have a movie night? We can watch the Underworld franchise." I smiled looking at both of them.

"Sure." Edward tells me quickly and I smiled before looking towards Jacob.

"Why not." He smirks and I clap my hand together.

"Okay, make some snacks and drinks and I'll go ahead and grab them. Come on, Max." I ran upstairs as Max followed behind. I looked around my room to find the CDs. I smiled once I found my collection and head downstairs. I placed them on the table when I heard commotion coming from the kitchen.

Max ran towards the kitchen and I hear growling and barking which made me walk there. I got inside the kitchen to see Edward and Jacob sitting at the table like behaved boys, but the tension in the room says otherwise.

"Boys." I call out as they looked up from their spots.

"Hm?" They say in unison which earner a glare from one another.

"Get the snacks ready, I have the franchise all laid out on the table and I swear if you two ruin this movie night for me." I left it hanging as I left the kitchen with a serious look. I went straight towards the living room and put the first movie in. Edward and Jacob came placing the bowl on the table as they sat next to me.

We watched the movie as Jacob and I ate popcorn together. Edward had his arm wrapped around my waist while we watch. I was thrilled with the movie, but at the same time the tension in the room was too high to handle. Max watches the movie with us and he soon got up on our laps and lay down despite him being heavy.

"Max." I giggled and pet his head while the boys removed whatever hands they have lingering around me. It's either Max wanted attention or he cut the tension just by becoming a lap dog. The first movie stopped and Jacob got up to put the second movie before sitting back down.

In the middle of the movie, the door opens and we all looked to see Dad walking inside the house. He closes the door and looks towards us.

"Movie night?" He ask and I nodded my head.

"Yep, and Max over here is being a cute little lap dog." I giggled scratching Max's ear as his left feet moved letting me know that's the spot.

"Okay, have fun. Don't do anything weird." Dad says and went upstairs.

"Night dad!" I called out.

"Night." He replies as the door to his room closes. I watched the movie and went to eat popcorn only to find it gone.

"I'm gonna make some more. Get down Max." I told Max and he did. I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen while the movie plays. I've watched it countless of times and I love it every single movie. I made myself popcorn as I hum to myself. Once it was done, I walked out the kitchen to see the boys fighting.

"Seriously?" I called out as Max sat at the sideline watching them with his tongue sticking out.

"Okay, out. Both of you." I told them.

"But." Edward started and I pointed towards the door.

"Out!" I say again and this time louder. They left the house and I closed the door behind them before sitting down as Max sat next to me. I hear footsteps going down the stairs and dad sits next to me as he watched the movie.

"They fightin' again hug?" He ask and I hummed in response.

"Good thing they left. I could sense the tension. It's a lot higher than my paycheck." He says which made me laugh hard causing me to clutch my stomach.