Chapter 30: Venice, Italy

According to my manager, we will have to stay in Italy for 3 weeks. I asked for 2, but she said that it would need to take time for our equipment to be placed and rehearsals. She asked why I was making it short, but all I said to her was...

"Just...thinking of taking a rest." I told her sighing as I pack my things.

"Don't worry, Blair. After this is done then you can take a 2 month rest. I wouldn't mind at all since you are the world's greatest singing artist and everyone loves you for your music." She tells me and I smiled as I finished packing.

"Thanks, meet you in the airport in a few hours." I said and bid my farewell. I walked out of my room and towards the front door before placing my things down as Max and dad came to say their goodbye to me.

"How long are you gonna stay in Italy?" Dad asked.

"In 3 weeks then I'll have a 2 month vacation." I smiled and he smiles back before giving me a hug which I returned.

"Be safe okay?"

"I will." I told him and I heard whimpering as we pulled away. Max went up to his two paws and gave me a hug which made me hug him back I giggled with tears forming in my eyes.

"My baby is all grown up...it feels like yesterday you where a tiny little one. I'll miss you too, Max." I told him and pulled back as he went back down.

"Be good with dad okay?" I looked at Max and he bods his head making dad and I chuckle.

"You trained him well." Dad commented and we heard a car honking.

"I guess that's my ride. Bye dad, bye max." I opened the door grabbing my things before waving goodbye at them. Edward walked out the car and put my luggage inside the trunk as he kisses my cheek.

We heard howling as I turned towards Max and dad. He came running out the house and towards me as I kneeled in front of him. Max stops in front of me before pawing my hand as I opened it for him. He lowers his mouth onto my hand as I felt it open before he pulls back. My eyes began to water when I saw that it was his old baby collar. It was old and dirty, but Max kept it since I made it just for him.

"I'll save it to remember you too, buddy." I said to Max and kissed him on the head as he nuzzles me gently. I pet him before I stood up and told him to go back to dad which he obeyed. Dad smiles and waved goodbye as I and Edward did the same before we got inside the car.

——

We soon made it to Venice, Italy and we were greeted by fans at the airport . I gave them a wave as well as pictures and autographs. John, our camera man, shout a video of me greeting and taking pictures for a documentary about my life as a singer.

We got into the limo as I saw my fans scream my name from outside. The Cullen's had to cover themselves since we are outside the scorching sun and Edward has an umbrella open for me to protect me from the heat.. Emmett fake sighs as I chuckled at his actions and shake my head. He did it to keep my mind off of things and I appreciated him for that as he gave me a knowing a smile and a slight nod.

My manager Kaitlyn was with us and she seems shy as she looks around the car where the Cullen's are sitting with us.

"Sooo, is this your first time visits?" Kaitlyn asked them trying to make some conversation to get to know them which they noticed and smiled her way to ease her nervousness.

"No, my family and I visited Italy when we have time." Carlisle answers smoothly and she smiles nodding her head. Kaitlyn wasn't one to be shy around people, but it seems like she is shy when it comes to the Cullen which was a shocker.

"Kaitlyn, what hotel are we going to?" I asked and Kaitlyn shakes her head.

"The crew are going to a hotel, except you guys." Kaitlyn tells us and I tilted my head in confusion.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked and prayed that we won't be staying in the castle.

"The castle has four rooms only and since their aren't anymore rooms for the crews and myself to live in, then I told the secretary of the place to have those rooms for the artist and her guest of 5. You guys are going in pairs, right?" She looks at all of us as my eyes where wide open like a silver platter being served to a queen.

"Yes, we are." Carlisle says and Kaitlyn nods before looking at me as concern flashes to her face.

"Are you okay, Blair? Do you need a paper bag? Tissue?" She asked and I shook my head before giving her a smile.

"No, I'm alright." I told her and she nodded her head before going through her phone. Probably texting the crew about the equipment and the setting. I looked towards Edward with worry as he grasp my hands and gave a tight assuring squeeze.

"It's best for us to stay in the castle. We'll be okay." Edward says silently not letting Kaitlyn hear us since she is busy on her phone. I sighed and nodded my head knowing its better to have us in the castle then endangering my crew with hungry vampires.

"When will the tour start?" I asked Kaitlyn and she looks through her phone before answering.

"The tour will start tomorrow then the concert will start the second noon of the second week, then you guys can go and have the rest of vacation here. Rehearsal will start on Friday to Monday." Kaitlyn informs us and I nodded my head understandingly. I felt calm as I gave Jasper a smile and he smiles back. We soon arrived to our destination and we got out the limo as Kaitlyn did the same and told us she will be at the court yard to see how the stage is going first before we tour around at a tour bus that will be arriving in 2 hours.

"Welcome to Volturi Castle, please follow me." A woman tells us and she must be human since her skin isn't pale. We walk inside the castle as the Cullen's took their covers off while we followed the woman. I held Edward as he wrapped his arms around me to calm me down.

"The kings would like to meet you all later today after your tour around Venice. Follow me to your rooms." She motions as I saw her eyeing Edward making me glare at her which she didn't notice since she turned and walked away causing for us to follow her.