Chapter 41

Krey took Pip back to the bedroom where Pip could stay for as long as he wanted until he was ready to be around all the werewolves. Krey regretted bringing Pip to the canteen that morning, but now the wolves had seen Pip and heard the news. Krey's secret mate was officially out in the open, and he was friends again with Francis.

Krey just had to handle his mother and figure out what to do with Jordan. In the meantime, he spent time with his mate, now that they could be together as much as they wanted.

"I've cleared a drawer for you," Krey said, sitting on the floor with arms full of clothes.

"Why do you have so many black jeans?" Pip asked, feeling much happier after Krey told him they could spend the rest of the day in the bedroom.

"One pair has no rips, so they're smart. One pair has rips, not smart. One pair I don't even wear, another pair is the same as my ripped pair, and one is technically dark blue, so I don't wear those either."

Pip scooted along the floor and folded what little clothes he had and managed to fit them all in the drawer. "You should ask someone else if they want the ones you don't wear."

"We're too territorial over everything to share."

"Even clothes?"

Krey stared. "Pippor, I get annoyed when people use the stairs at the same time as me."

Pip pressed his fingers into the corner of Krey's mattress. "Are you irritated that I'm sleeping on your bed?"

"You really don't understand what a mate means to a werewolf." Krey closed the drawers and shuffled closer to Pip. "You have no idea how excited I am that you're in my room right now, let alone that you slept on my bed and covered it in your scent."

"What does my scent smell like? Can you tell the difference between human and werewolf scents?" Pip was getting more comfortable in Krey's presence. He stuttered less when the words flowed.

"Werewolf scents are much stronger and musty like an animal. Humans mainly smell of emotions and soap and stuff. You smell really sweet when you're not nervous."

"I'm nervous a lot."

"I know."

"What does nerves smell like?" Pip asked.

"Like worry."

"What does worry smell like?"

"Like nerves."

Pip chuckled, shaking his head. "So, you really don't mind that you have to share a room?"

"No. I would mind if it were anyone but you."

Pip blushed and distracted himself by pulling things from his backpack. "Do you have wifi?" he asked, holding his laptop.

"We do. I'll ask Francis for the password," Krey said, reaching for his phone.

Pip observed Krey's frown as he smashed fingers against his phone screen. Krey, no matter what he did, always seemed angry when he did it. Pip was learning that Krey wasn't always angry, he just gave off that impression.

"Are you glad you are friends again with Francis?" Pip asked.

Krey's eyes flicked from his phone. He stared for a moment like he was unsure on whether to admit his feelings. "I suppose, though I still don't know if I can trust her like before."

"She said she hated Jordan. He was rude to her the night- the night I trespassed. I-It would make no sense if she told Jordan about me. If I were you, um, I just wouldn't believe anything Jordan says."