Chapter 51

One kiss had the promise of leading to more, especially when the boys kissed on the bed, alone, and with the bedroom door permanently shut with a newly installed lock.

Krey was still on top of Pip with one hand in his brown wavy hair, and the other gripping Pip's chin. He kissed Pip tenderly at first, but each time their lips rubbed together, Krey kissed a little deeper, and a little hungrier.

Pip followed Krey's lead. The kissing made him hot underneath Krey, despite being cold only minutes earlier.

His hands, scared to explore at first, but the longer they kissed and the further he fell into a pit of affection, the more comfortable Pip felt, and his hands soon moved from Krey's broad shoulders and to his back, feeling muscles moving under the fabric of his t-shirt.

Soon, their kissing deepened until their noses squished together and their foreheads often gently clashed.

Pip was losing himself in Krey's warmth, his taste, his touch. When Krey moved to his neck, kissing deeply and softly nipping his skin, Pip gripped the fabric of Krey's t-shirt, falling further until lust engulfed him.

Then Krey growled.

Pip felt it vibrate through his chest, a low rumble from the back of Krey's throat. Amidst the passion, Pip couldn't stop a snort of amusement.

"What's- funny?" Krey mumbled between kisses.

Krey's lips were on him, but Pip couldn't stop thinking about the noise he made. "You just growled like an actual dog."

"You made me growl." Krey kissed along his neck, wanting Pip to get back in the zone, so he tried kissing Pip's lips again.

Pip laughed against him. "Sorry," he said with a smile when Krey pulled back to look at him. "It's the first time I've seen that- that wolfy-ness."

"Wolfy-ness," Krey repeated.

"It's easy to forget that you're a werewolf."

"You'll see my wolf again one day soon, then you won't think that."

"One day soon."

Krey pinched his round cheeks. "I don't want you to feel even more ill."

"Me neither. I -I just need a few more days."

* * * * *

Dinner times came soon, and Pip was not only anxious about sitting in a room full of werewolves, he was anxious about going to the annual meeting. More people would stare, and Krey's annoyance would grow.

Pip hoped Krey would keep his cool. From what he heard about the meeting from Makena, Krey had to keep his allies happy.

"We're leaving in an hour, so you boys better get changed after you've eaten," Makena said, sitting opposite Pip and Krey at the table. Makena was already changed. Her grey hair was curled into a neat bun, tied with a black ribbon. She wore a long black velvet dress with laced sleeves down to her wrist. She wore deep red lipstick and mascara. Makena had smile lines, small creases at the corners of her eyes, and an ageing neck, but her cheeks were as smooth as if she were only in her twenties. "You'll be pleased to know that I've assigned Francis as Pip's guard for tonight."

"I'll be his guard," Krey grunted.

"You might not always be with him. You'll have to speak to-"

"I will be with him," Krey interrupted, "but bring Francis too. The more people we have on our side, the better."

Pip suddenly lost his appetite. He couldn't wait to get the night over and done with. Socialising wasn't Pip's strong point, nor Krey's. He could foresee many awkward moments and just wanted to crawl into bed.