2

*papa*

"You got fired?" Dad asks, putting a frozen dinner into the microwave.

It feels as though i'm letting the family down, i bought home majority of the money. Now i only have a part time job at McDonalds on a Saturday night.

My brothers seventeen and hoping to get a scholarship for University soon, he's really clever. For now, he's working with dads decorating business.

I'm not gonna tell them about Corbyn's call to them, I'll let them be surprised when somebody actually wants them to decorate. It's not that they're bad, it's just that they're poor.

People think because they're poor, the decorating will be poor but my dad is extremely talented with handy stuff. A very handyman in general.

"You can have a look in the newspapers for jobs looking staff..." He sets the recently read newspaper down on the couch beside me.

"I'm already working on one papa... Where's Louie?" He's probably upstairs studying, i managed to buy him a new psychology book before work today, it's second hand but it'll do. He wants to study Psychology and he does have the brains for it.

"He's upstairs reading, Peter dropped off a couple books earlier on." He leans against the kitchen counter.

Peters a close family friend, He's helped us when times were tough, we call him uncle Peter, because he's just one of those people.

"I bought him a new book." I poke through my bag to find it. I show it to dad as the microwave pings and my dad nods his head, proud.

I'll say i've already eaten today to give dad and Louie more food. They need it more than i do. I jog up the stairs and knock on his bedroom door. He opens up, taking his broken glasses off his face.

"You're home." He hugs me tightly. I've had to look out for him since he was born. Our relationship cannot be broken, no matter how many times we fight and argue, it's unbreakable.

"I'm home and i got you a present." i hand him the book. His face lit up with his beautiful smile.

"I know it's not much but it's something." I scratch the back off my neck slightly, hoping he would appreciate it. I know he will though, everything helps in some way shape of form.

"It's perfect, more than enough. Thank you." He carefully sets it down on his desk, wiping the creases clean.

"Dads made food." I step out of his way.

"Have you eaten?" he asks, Looking at his watch. I don't need to.

"Yeah, i grabbed something from the shop..." I rub my lips together "I got fired, by the way... so for the next couple weeks things will be a little tight" I look around his face. It saddens me to see such a young boy with potential lose it all because of his money status...

"I'm applying for a job at the thrift store... I hope i get it. It's not much more money but it'll help us a ton." He runs his fingers through his hair.

"It will... Thanks Louie." I go into my bedroom.

It's freezing, we can't really afford heating right now and we don't want to get put more in debt so i just bundle up as soon as i get in the house, i have like four blankets all thrifted.

My laptop is my most treasured possession. It helps me with like everything, it was my cousins but she gave it to me once she got a new one. I use it everyday but limit myself for only 30 minutes a day, meaning, i check my emails, check the news and absolutely no social media.

I check my emails to see if i had any new ones and i did.

from Corbyn Besson
Hey sierra, meet me tomorrow outside your house at 7am? We should talk about a few things

What could me and some random man that got me fired possible need to talk about?

Apart from the job he's offering me...

From Sierra Clifford
that's good, about the job?

From Corbyn Besson
sure yeah, i'll see you then!

I try to look in my closet for a half decent outfit, i manage to find some ripped jeans and a shirt. I set them aside and tidy up my room a little bit. My light starts flickering and then the electric cuts out.

Just great.

"Papa." I run down the stairs, Him and Louie both looking through the drawers for candles and matches. This has happened one two many times before for us to not be prepared.

He lights one and sighs "I must've not paid the electrical bill." It's not his fault, he tries his hardest; we all do.

"Hey that's okay, i'll head down and get some now." I grab my purse, i had $35 dollars. That will do for electric and water hopefully.

"I'll go." Louie takes the money off me and slides his shoes on.

I go back upstairs and light my candles around my room.

I need to get my family out of here for the best. I need to be able to help them. We can't keep living like this.

*
*
*
*
*
VOTE COMMENT SHARE