11

*mom*

"Sierra, So glad you're home... oh." She looks towards me, noticing Corbyn. Her face was full of questions. Who's this random guy dripped from head to toe in designer? Why is he here?

I turn to look at Dad and Louie who were both shook too. Louie a little more confused on why mom is here, nevermind why Corbyn and I are both here.

The house, For once was properly lit, clean and smelled good. I guess the positive in this is that this is a good first impression for Corbyn. He won't believe we live like sloths.

"Who...Who are you?" Mom sets the roast chicken down on the table. Wow, that's something i thought i would have never seen in my life. Mom cooking.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Sierra's boyfriend, Corbyn." Corbyn takes a step in front of me and holds his hand out for my mom to shake. She just nods at him in disgust, turning back to the kitchen.

She shouldn't at all be judging him when she's the way she is.

"Hello, Mr. Clifford and Louie." He walks over, Shaking both my dads and Louies hand. My dad adores Corbyn and I don't blame him at all. He's done way too much for us.

"Mom what are you doing here?" I say with no care, throwing my bag down on the couch. I know i should be grateful that she's here, but i'm not. I'm mad, She can't just show up out of nowhere whenever she feels like it and expect us to be a big happy family.

"I want us to be a family again." She smiles, "Kindly tell your boyfriend to leave. I want this to be just us." She opens the fridge, Taking a jug of water out and setting it down on the table.

"No," I tell her straight. She was taken back by it. Same as Corbyn and my dad. Louie knows that i will no longer tolerate any backlash from her.

"Sierra listen to me, i'm your mother." She walks over with a handful of plates. Maybe if she acted like a mother for 18 years, i would listen. However that isn't the case.

I really couldn't be bothered with her, She's only here for money and that's all. "Oh shut up, Don't come at me with this i'm your mother shit." I take a seat opposite my brother, Corbyn sitting beside me. She can't control me anymore.

She sits opposite papa, Looking all around mine and Corbyns face in disgust from the way i just talked to her. "There's only enough for four." She gives him a dirty look, Looking down at him. She's out of all people shouldn't be looking down at anybody.

I won't let her mistreat Corbyn, He would be a better parent then her. Everyone is a better parent then her. "We can share." I give her a dirty look back. She sighs is disbelief.

To break the tension and awkward silence, Louie uses his most treasured possession. Sarcasm. "Big, happy family." He says sarcastically, to which i retaliate and kick him underneath the table. I just want to know why she's here.

"How long have you been dating my daughter for?" Mom looks at Corbyn, Yet again... looking down at him. She's really irking me.

He rubs his lips together and puts his hand on my thigh no one could see it because it was under the table. I put my hand on top of his to indicate that he should answer the question. Let's make this as easy as possible, i won't be a smart ass: i'll try to not be a smart ass.

"A month and a week." He smiles, The exact date. He's really doing something to me. I'm surprised he's handling this well, His temper is very short.

"And you think it's an appropriate time to introduce him to the family? Y'all will break up soon." Mom starts dishing out her own food, Scooping some peas into her plate. There is nothing she knows about relationship, She couldn't keep one for a year.