30

*catching up*

I'm in the uber to meet Luke, I'm not nervous at all, surprisingly. Corbyns people were already there when i left. He's talking about the house.

"Just here?" The uber asks, we were outside the little Cafe Luke told me to meet him at.

"Yeah thank you." I pay him and exit the Uber. I wait out side the café, Texting Corbyn to tell him i'm here safely.

"Hey," Luke walks up. He was wearing shorts and a muscle tee. "Nice seeing you." He hugs me. I hug him back and we decided to go to the beach to talk, Sitting on one of the benches just rim of the sand. He still wears the same cologne from high school.

"How are you holding up?" He asks, Sipping from his water bottle, Keeping his eyes in front of us.

I smile at the thought of how my life is right now, "I'm good, Really good actually. How about you?" I sit looking out to the horizon.

"Really good too." He nods, He doesn't seem too sure though. I seen a couple girls take pictures of us and i'm already ready for the amount of comments i'm going to get about me cheating on Corbyn.

"How do you deal with all the hate?" He notices the girls too. Oh, i don't deal with hate...

"I cry a lot, Rant to Corbyn, ignore it... Read it over and over again." I smile, It's not funny but i didn't want to make it awkward. I don't really have a coping mechanism for it.

"Oh, You don't deserve it. If only they knew you personally." He smiles. I smile back and watch as the wind blows and his long blonde flows hair out of his face.

"So, Any girls around?" I crack my knuckles. He looks down at my hands but then out to the horizon. He's not Corbyn so he wouldn't mind if i cracked my knuckles.

"No, Haven't had the time." He touches his nose. He is lying either about having no girls or not having the time

"And that's bullshit." I look at him, resting my arm on the back off the bench. He always was a shit liar. I remember in High school, i went to his football game and he hadn't eaten all day because coach told him he needed to lose weight, While playing the game he fainted and when i met him at the hospital i asked if he had eaten, He said yeah and touched his nose. He touches his nose when he lies. I picked up that habit off him too.

He giggles a little, i know him too well for him to be lying to us. "Yeah, Kinda hung up on this one girl who's in a relationship." He scratches the back of his neck. We both went silent. He's talking about me, right? I mean, who else would he be talking about?

He clears his throat, "Are you in love with him?" He asks, Wiping his nose on his wrist, then taking another sip from his water. He's about to cry, i just know it.

"Luke we don't have to-" I don't want to make him upset.

"I want to know. I want to know if you're happy, Sierra." He had a lump in his throat and i could hear it. His throat was going dry, Not to mention he repeatedly kept taking sips from his water to keep his throat moist.

I don't want to make him upset, he doesn't deserve that. But Luke knows when i lie too, "I am." I look down, Sitting back on the bench properly.

He hiccups a little "Is he treating you right? Please don't tell me it's just for his status." He shuffles away from me a little, a tone of disappointment through his voice.

"He's amazing. He's such a good person." I say truthfully. I don't want to make Luke feel like he wasn't good enough, He was. He was everything a girl could've wished for.