This Is Heaven

~In your eyes, I see there's something burning inside you. In your eyes, I know it hurts to smile but you try to~ The Weeknd.

Chapter Theme Song: 'In Your Eyes' by The Weeknd.

A/N: Swipe left for the song audio :)

°°

Rainey

"Rain...do you want to come home with me?"

I stare at him for a while, wondering if I just heard correctly. Ansel just asked me if I want to come home with him. I have done many things during my years of living. I've gone to clubs, parties, drank liquor, get piercings and alongside the friendship tattoo Riley and I got recently, I have a huge drawing of an eagle with shackled feet on my back. But I've never slept at a guy's place before. The thought is nerve-wracking.

The silence stretches for a few seconds, with me just staring at him like a mute and him, looking back at me, waiting for a response.

He raises his eyes to the ceiling in thought, twisting his lips, then he chuckles a little. "Uh, that sounded weird just then. It came out so wrong, what I meant was if you'd like to stay at my place for the night."

"I know what you meant." I smile a little. "It's just that..."

"That what?"

I shrug, uncertainty on my face.

"It's okay to say no." He quickly assures me. "I just don't want you out on the streets. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing you're not safe inside."

"Thanks, I appreciate it but...I-I wouldn't want to- "

"Intrude?" He finishes, a smile on his face. "You wouldn't be intruding. My mom would be happy to have you over. She makes awesome stewed chicken, if that statement can be of any aid to your indecision."

He titters and I can't help the small smile that spreads my lips.

I haven't had a homecooked meal in a while. When Ansel came over and my Mom made lasagna, it was the first in a decade and I didn't get to eat it because of all the chaos that went down at the table. I bite down on my lower lip contemplatively.

"I'm not forcing you, it's your decision and I will respect whatever you choose."

I hate caving in. I don't want to head home like a weak person when my mom told me to stay off her porch tonight, I have too much pride for that. So, I think accepting Ansel's offer would be a lot better.

"Okay...as long as I won't be-"

"You won't be intruding." He smiles, slipping his cell from his pocket. "I'll text Alex to pick us up, yeah?"

I nod, as he begins to tap away on his cell.

Sleeping at Ansel's place? I hope my cheeks can make it through the night without setting his house on fire.

°°

In no time, Alex pulls up to the curb. We tell Tim a farewell and step through the doors of the café, coming to a halt under the slim rooftop shed of the building.