I Got You Now

~I know you've got the best intentions. Just trying to find the right words to say. I promise I've already learned my lesson but right now, I wanna be not okay.~ Katelyn Tarver.

Chapter Theme Song: 'You Don't Know' by Katelyn Tarver.

N:B: Just one tiny request, please listen the above song through-out the chap, if you can :)

WARNING: Chapter contains a bit of mature sexual content & acts of sexual abuse.

*Trigger: A trigger is something that sets off a memory tape or flashback transporting the person back to the event of her/his original trauma. (Taken from PsychCentral.)

••

Rainey

"Your school is shit; how can they not have Sprite? Sprite is life. Are they even from planet earth? And this hideous skirt; my thighs are freezing! Maybe I should have just worn one of the nun ones."

I giggle at Riley's complaint while we stand by the hall's water fountain. Attending school with her has offered me some sense of relief. Luckily, we have a few classes together, so we try to sit next to each other.

With her height and baby-face, she could easily pass for an elementary student; however, she has heads turning since the moment we arrived at school. I spot a few guys openly checking her out and subtly throwing in words of flirtation. She does not fancy the attention much, especially since she has a boyfriend.

"Your turn." I move away after quenching my thirst and Riley immediately goes next, tucking her hair to the other side as she puts her mouth beneath the springing water.

"Woah...damn, who's this girl?" A voice comes from behind and I glance around to see Jace staring at her legs with lust-filled eyes. When he notices me, he takes a step back with an expression close to fear; his lips shaping in an 'o' as he puts his fist to his mouth.

"Oh, shit. She's your friend?"

I stare at him expressionlessly and he rubs his neck awkwardly. "Didn't know."

"Of course, they're friends. Didn't you see her at Club Naked that night?" Tate comes onto the scene as Riley straightens her spine, wiping her lips.

"No, I guess he was too busy being a dick." I cross my arms, cocking my head to the side.

"Wow." Tate gives her a quick once over, dramatically raising his brows. "Not all girls here wear that uniform well, but I am not gonna lie, you look damn good, Riley. Nice to finally see you again, haven't spoken to you in a while."

She smirks in amusement, adjusting her straps, and I wait for her witty response.

"Ah, yeah, you're right. We haven't spoken since that night I traumatically saw your whole genital collection."

And there it is.

I bite back a laugh while Tate smiles unabashedly, raking his dark hair back.

"Yeah-uh, let me clarify a few things. I was not erected so that is why I may have appeared smaller than usual. Also, that cop was not chasing me, we were both going about our separate business and so happened to cross the street at approximately the same time."

Riley nods, pursing her lips. "Oh, yep. I noticed that much. I mean, it was so obvious."

"Uh, look Rain..." Jace buries a hand in his hair and I turn my gaze to him. "I am really sorry about what I did. It was a really fucked up thing to do."

I sigh, shifting my weight. "Your apology is quite late."

Tate laughs. "He's only apologizing because he wants Riley's number."