Karma

~One thing that I've learnt all of these years is to block devils off of my ears. 'Cause fairytales don't end well when the fame and fortune not here.~ Jay Rock & J.Cole.

Chapter Theme Song: 'OSOM' by Jay Rock & J.Cole.

••

Third-person Pov

"I don't want you boys going after Ron Moretto anymore," Austin informs his boys as everyone is seated in the penthouse living room. "I have been thinking about it and I cannot allow you boys to get hurt. I almost lost Ansel and he's just recovering, he's not in a position to go after anyone."

"But you said we could go ahead with our plan, why'd you change your mind?" Alaric questions. "Dad, look, our plan would work. We were planning on gathering all our men to raid his camp at—"

"Have you forgotten what happened last time? What if Riley hadn't told us where you guys were?"

Riley rubs her thighs while Rainey looks at her with a small smile.

"You all would be dead. I don't want to hear what your plan is, Ric. Stay out of this now."

"So what? Are we just going to allow him to walk free?"

"Baby, just listen to your father," Melissa begs Alaric.

"We won't be allowing him to walk free. Robert and I will take care of it from here on now. It's my battle anyway, not yours."

The door to the living room opens and Robert walks in with Ian next to him. The brothers exchange questioning looks as both males enter the space.

"Why is Ian here?" Ansel asks and Austin clasps his hands.

"We have been doing this wrong the whole time. The key to taking down an enemy is to know his weaknesses. So, I called Ian here to ask him about that."

The skinny boy waves to the group of people before finding a spot on the furry floor mat, and Riley and Rainey send him warm smiles.

"Thanks for coming, Ian," Austin says, as Robert goes to sit on one of the single couches.

"How is your shoulder?" Alaric worries and the boy smirks, coiling his thin legs beneath him as he shrugs freely.

"Not bad."

The boys smile.

"Ian. You had been in Ron's camp for a while, did you notice any form of weakness where he is concerned?" Austin rests his elbows on his knees, while Ian scratches his nape, curling his lips in thought.

"Weakness as in?"

"Something we can use to take him down."

"Uh, well...not really. He's hardly at the camp. He just comes in and out," Ian answers, and Robert sighs in disappointment.

"But I did notice something. I don't know if it would be of any help though," he quickly adds.

Austin nods eagerly. Any piece of information would be quite useful right now. "Share it."

"I notice that his friend—Fred—doesn't necessarily seem to like him." Ian squints his eyes as he thinks back, and Austin and Robert's trade looks before the boy speaks again.

"I would notice how he acts when Ron isn't looking. His facial expressions change when his back is turned."

"What do you mean?" Ansel narrows his eyes with interest.

"Mm. Okay, for example, the other day Ron came by and he gave Fred some orders, but then as soon as Ron turned around, Fred glared at him menacingly. It's not something easy to spot, you would have to be very observant. The look was as if he deeply hated Ron Moretto. I would notice this look quite often too. I feel like...he secretly doesn't like him."