Moonlight

~Every look, every touch, makes me wanna give you my heart. I be crushin' on you baby, stay right where you are~ Ariana Grande.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Moonlight' by Ariana Grande.

(A/N: Guys, please please listen the above song throughout this chapter. It helps to set the mood ;-)

°°

Rainey

His lips are soft, just as I had imagined. He smells like fresh laundry and his minty breath caressing my face as he breathes causes my stomach to twist in a knot. I feel like my hunger has been satisfied. I have been fantasizing about kissing him ever since he hugged me that day in his kitchen, but I never thought that his lips would taste this sweet.

I have never been this intimately daring, and amidst the tingles dancing their way through my body, I can feel the sudden wave of humiliation rushing in.

Am I kissing Ansel right now? Did I just kiss him?

Shit, what am I doing?

I pull back immediately, and his eyes flutter open, amazement glistening in them while he stares at me. Blinking rapidly, my lips part while I struggle to gather my thoughts.

I cannot believe I just did that. I cannot believe I just kissed him. What was I thinking? What have I done?

Ansel lowers his eyes awkwardly, his cheeks tinging to bright red while I press a palm over my face.

"Rain..."

"Don't. Don't say it." I interject, shutting my eyes in embarrassment. "Please don't say it. I am sorry."

"No, don't be sorry."

"I didn't mean to do that...I just got carried away and—"

"Rain—"

"I think I need some fresh air." I spring from my spot and quicken toward the balcony door but as soon as I grip the handle and slide it open, his presence appears behind me. A gush of wind stings my face and I stiffen as his palm encloses around my hand, his chest almost pressing into my back and causing my knees to weaken. He gently peels my hand from the knob and replaces it with his, slowly sliding the door close.

My breathing is instantly irregular because memories of that day he embraced me in his kitchen come rushing back. He is standing behind me just the same and my cheeks heat up at the vivid memory.

Despite the door now being closed, his palm is still gripping the handle while his other hand is palming the wall above me, trapping me into the cage of his strong arms. The fresh scent of his deodorant plunges into my nose considering I am literally beneath his arm, his tall stature towering over me effortlessly.

"Rain..." His voice is low, and his breath fans my nape, sending a shiver down my spine. The warmth of his body juxtaposes the cold air seeping through the narrow spaces of the door. I find myself struggling to breathe from the proximity.

"Turn around..."

The command makes me swallow uneasily as I slowly whirl around, my back now pressing against the transparent door. I look up at him. The yellow lights from the city below us illuminate his features and I realize how darker his eyes appear; his pupils dilated.