We'll Be Alright Now (The End/ Epilogue)

~'Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me and look in my eyes. You are perfection, my only direction.~ Sam Smith.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Fire on Fire' by Sam Smith.

••

Rainey

A month later

"....so that guy is the main character, he's the mafia drug lord, he's going to kill all those people there and—"

"Will you just let them watch the movie for themselves? You're spoiling it, Arden." Aiden frowns, and me and Riley snickers at the annoyed look on the boys' faces.

"Arden is the wrong person to watch a movie with," Alex adds. "Especially Reborn of the Mafia Lord."

Arden raises a finger. "Can I just tell them one last point?"

"No!" The boys chorus, and Riley and I double over in laughter.

Arden scowls, folding his arms as he stares ahead. Everyone continues to watch the film silently.

"It's bugging me, just one point! That guy is going to break into a prostitution house, rescue some of the girls and assassinate the trafficker, then that pretty girl with the red hair is going to—"

Alaric flings a pillow at him, and he dodges it skillfully as everyone cracks up in laughter.

Melissa appears at the kitchen's doorjamb in an apron. "Dinner is ready, someone go get Ansel."

"Go get Ansel, Rainey," Alex says, and Aiden waggles his brows.

"If she goes up there now, she won't be coming down anytime soon."

I look at him naively and everyone titters among themselves while I crinkle my nose bewilderedly. Whatever that meant.

Melissa shakes her head, fighting off a smile. "I am going to pretend I don't understand a word you just said. Rainey, sweetie, go get Ansel for me." She turns away and returns to the kitchen while I willingly get up from my spot.

Alaric smirks, and Alex is smuttily waggling his eyebrows for some reason. Riley glares at him then slaps him on the shoulder. "You're too nasty-minded."

He laughs and pushes his lips toward her, and she smiles and gives him a small kiss, causing Arden to put a hand over his eyes. "Get a room, you two. I am trying to watch my movie."

"Should we pause the movie?!" Riley calls after me, and I shake my head.

"No, I'll be down soon!"

"Definitely not 'soon'!" Aiden yells and everyone laughs again while I flash them an oblivious look over my shoulders.

"You people are weird." I chuckle as I disappear up the last step.

Ansel has been trying to get as much rest as possible; it helps with his recovering process. He's doing a lot better than a month ago. His wound is healed and he's regaining his strength. To say I am elated would be an understatement.

I make my way to his room and knock on the door twice. When he doesn't come to get it, I turn the handle and open the door, immediately noticing him lying shirtless onto his stomach. I smile softly as I enter the room, gently closing the door behind me.

I delicately trot over to him, climbing onto the bed and peering over his shoulders. His eyes are closed, and he looks so peaceful as he lies there asleep. I use my forefinger to draw lines along his long lashes, my lips spreading into a smile when his forehead puckers from the disturbance.