Hurts To See You With Her

~Outside, it's getting colder, why does it feel like I'm older than I asked to be? But when you say my name, it all falls away so tenderly~ Clairo.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Sinking' by Clairo.

°°

Rainey

We are all sitting around a table at the back of the club. Riley is gawking at the boys, her mouth wide open as it seems she's still in shock. I can't say I wasn't equally as astonished when I first saw them. Ansel and his brothers all look exactly alike.

"That idiot didn't touch you guys, did he?" Alaric questions, while he slips a cigarette between his lips.

"No, but he was attempting to start a fight," Ansel responds.

"It's a good thing I came. I wouldn't want you getting your hands dirty, Ansel," Alaric puffs out air, his eyes already appearing bloodshot from the drug. "I know how you get when you're angry...you're the only hope our family has left, so just leave all dirty work to me, yeah?"

Why is Ansel the only hope? I'm guessing it's because he appears to be the most well-behaved out of all his brothers. He also managed to secure a scholarship to Crosshill based on his brilliant academics.

"I just still can't believe how identical they all are, it's almost creepy," Riley whispers to me.

I chuckle a little. She won't stop talking about this anytime soon.

Arden keeps staring at Riley from across the table, a look of lust mixed with admiration in his eyes. Alex notices, and discreetly sends his brother a warning look. Arden picks up on it and just smiles, shaking his head while he looks away.

Alaric's cell dings from his pocket, and he eases up to slide the device from his jeans. My eyes spot healed bruises on his knuckles as he picks the call up, leaning back in the chair.

"Yo." He speaks into the phone, taking his joint between his fingers.

Ansel turns his focus to me. "You okay, Rain?"

I nod. "Mm, are you?"

"Yeah... I just hate that that bastard touched you. How did he get your number?" His brows furrow, and displeasure washes over his unerring features.

I shrug. "He said his aunt is the headmistress, so I guess he somehow stole my file."

I hate rich kids that use their family's occupation and money to their unethical advantage.

"Yeah, I got the goods." Alaric's conversation pulls my attention. "Yeah. Dude, they better have the cash, I don't do loans...okay, I'm coming now."

Goods?

He hangs up, and Aiden looks at him. "Was that Max?"

"Yeah, he says some guys want some dru—" He glances at me, then Riley, before he continues. "Goods, they want some goods, so let's go."

"Are you leaving?" I ask Ansel.

He opens his mouth to respond but Alaric speaks first.