Heal Me

~I just wanna see how beautiful you are. You know that I see it; I know you're a star. Where you go I'll follow, no matter how far. If life is a movie, oh you're the best part.~ Daniel Caesar ft. H.E.R.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Best Part' by Daniel Caesar ft. H.E.R.

Warning: Chapter may contain mature sexual content.

A/N: Swipe left for the song audio :)
••

Rainey

Lea has finally left, and Ansel and I are sitting on his bed. A small silence flows between us, tons of unanswered questions hanging thickly in the air.

"What did you do to Jeff?" I begin, gazing at my hands in my lap.

He sighs deeply as he stares at a poster in front of us, his response delaying. "I don't think you want to know that, Rain."

"I do." I look at him, seeing the strong gleam of uncertainty in his eyes. "I do wanna know, Ansel."

"You may look at me differently. I'd like to save you the alarm."

I shift to face him, attempting to persuade him. "You're looking at someone who slammed a girl's head open. I don't think it could be worse than that. I won't judge you...I promise."

He exhales sharply, pushing his hair back. It lands back against his forehead messily as he looks at me again, his eyes softening. "Okay. I beat him up..."

I nod.

"And shot him...three times."

I swallow hard. Not because of what he did, but the possible consequences that he can face as a result. I don't want him to get into trouble because of me.

"Where did you shoot him?" I seek for any piece of information that will hopefully make me feel better about this all.

"His knee, shoulder, and stomach. I also broke his hand and beat him to a messy pulp. His face was unidentifiable when I left him."

A soft breath leaves my lips as I lower my eyes to the dark blue sheets on his bed.

Oh, God.

"But that's not the only thing I did, Rain. I also gave Greg his fair share as well."

Awestruck, I lift my eyes to his, locating an unempathetic glint in them. They appear darker and inhumane.

"You knew about Greg too?"

He nods. "Yeah...I just didn't want to talk about it until I was sure you're ready."

All moisture has left my throat as my brain struggles to organize the heavy information.

"Okay...but where did you get a gun?" My brown eyes swirl with confusion as Ansel taps his finger against his knee, biting down on the inner flesh of his lower lip. He seems reluctant to respond.

"Ansel?"

"I own a gun, Rain." He breathes, scratching his forehead.

He owns a gun. How on earth does he even—

I shake my head. "I don't believe you..."

"Why not?" His brows furrow.

Yeah, Rain? Why not? You saw him pull a knife from his shoe to slice a man's abdomen. And past occurrences have also shown you that he very well knows how to shoot a gun.

But perhaps I am just searching for a small notion to hold onto. One that can fuel the hope that maybe he was not the one who had hurt the two men and thus, would not have to potentially get imprisoned.