Secrets

~You bring good to my lonely life, honestly. It's hard for me to look into your eyes. When I say that I would be nothing without your love, I feel the rush and it's amazing~ The Weeknd & Lana Del Rey.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Prisoner' by The Weeknd ft. Lana Del Rey.

°°

Rainey

The warm morning sun kisses my face through the window of the room, and I scrunch my face up as I roll onto my stomach. I open heavy orbs, blinking owlishly while I reach a hand up to itch my eyes. When my vision finally becomes clear, I realize that Ansel is not in Alex's bed.

Sitting up, I grab my cell from the table beside me to look at the time.

6:00 am.

I have school this morning and I need to head home first to get a fresh suit of uniform. A note sits on the lamp table, along with a toothbrush.

Good morning, you seemed tired, so I didn't want to wake you. Here's a toothbrush, feel free to use my bathroom. I'm helping my mom with breakfast, come on down when you're finished.

-Ansel

I stare at the cursive script for longer than necessary; even his handwriting is amazing. I smile to myself as I put the note down and grab the sealed toothbrush from the table. I pull the covers off me, yawning as I get out of bed bare feet. I wince at the cold ground, quickly mincing my way to the bathroom. The room smells of body wash and soap as I strip my clothes off and get under the shower.

I enjoy the celestial feeling of the cool invigorating water streaming down my body while thinking about how disheartening it is that I will have to head home to that wretched house soon. I hope my mom and Jeff won't be there, but bearing in mind Jeff's unemployed status, he probably will be.

Jeff doesn't work. He depends on my mom for everything and she doesn't mind, ensuring that he gets his paycheck every month for just being there and doing absolutely nothing. I think he is with my mom for her money, but she thinks otherwise, and who am I to intervene in their so-called love?

I get out of the shower reluctantly and get dressed in yesterday's uniform. I slip on my leather boots then lazily catch my hair in a messy ponytail. I make the bed and gently open the door, quietly stepping out unto the aisle. Immediately, I notice Alaric. He's shirtless, in just his grey sports shorts while he whispers on the phone. His back is turned to me while he leans on the wall beside his room door.

I turn around to close the door when unintentionally, I overhear his conversation. It sparks my interest, so I stand still, pleasing my inquisition. I am not one to eavesdrop, so I mentally scold myself for being this nosey.

"No babe, I miss you just the same."

Babe?

"No, no you can't stop by. I'll come by yours later after work so we can spend time together, okay?" He scratches his forehead, then I hear him sigh exasperatedly. "No, my son is here...Fuck, come on baby, I said I'll come by to see you. Yeah, I know but you can't come here, my girl is here."

I purse my lips. Poor Sam.

He ruffles his hair. "Yeah, me too. See you later...I tell you I love you all the time, Bee. I don't need to say it again...yeah, I'll see you later."