It Will Be, Right?

~These arms and this heart, they are the only things that I have left to give.~ Ingrid Michaelson.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Hey Kid' by Ingrid Michaelson.

••

Third-Person POV

"You don't need to feel bad. Knowing the truth is a lot better than living a lie. She would have found out what an ass he is sooner or later."

Ansel attempts to comfort a heavy-hearted Rainey as she lies on top of him, her head against as his chest as he trails his hand through her hair. He had applied ointment onto her bruised cheek while she told him what went down between her and her mother.

Her mom's tearful eyes are the only thing haring through her mind. Although Miranda had never exercised concern toward her daughter during Jeff's acts of abuse, Rainey somehow still feels soft-hearted for her. She does not detest her mother although she neglected her emotionally and physically.

"I know. It just kind of hurts to see her cry." She lets out a humorless simper, shaking her head. "I know. I am being silly, right?"

"No...you're not. You just have a pure heart, and there's nothing wrong with that."

"I guess..."

Ansel sighs softly, lifting her chin to look up at him. Her chocolate eyes appear breathtaking as she stares at him.

"Everything will be alright. I promise." He whispers, and her mouth twitches in a half-smile as she inwardly hopes that those words are correct.

Everything will be alright soon, right? She has faced enough turmoil, so she deserves a happy ending...right?

As if sensing her doubt, Ansel lowers his head to connect their lips. His hand slips down to her neck as he holds her in place to glide his hot tongue into her mouth.

If only her worries could be swept away by a simple kiss, Ansel would never stop kissing her.

Rainey cannot deny the fact that when their lips make contact, her racing thoughts become quiet, as if Ansel has the power to still the voices that constantly roam around inside her head.

He's like a pain reliever, diminishing her worries and replacing them with a delightful feeling that springs up from the pit of her stomach.

With his warm, sultry lips pressed up against hers, his hand leaves her neck to trail down her back, and cautiously, he gropes her rear over the fabric of her school skirt.

Commendably, Rainey doesn't flinch at the contact, and Ansel lets out a sigh of relief as he runs his hand over her plump bottom cheeks.

Testing her a little further, he slides both palms under the garment, nipping her lower lip to keep her distracted as he grasps her lace-covered cheeks in his hands.

He feels himself hardens as a soft moan leaves her lips, her complexion becoming excessively red. She doesn't shift away from him, and Ansel decides to award her by deepening the kiss, groaning inside her mouth as his palms continue to work. Squeezing. Kneading. Until she is literally rubbing up against him.

"Rain, there's someone—" The door to the room burst open and they break apart quickly as Aiden whirls around in a flash.

"Jeezus, Aiden." Ansel quickly pulls his hands from her, pressing a palm to his forehead. "Do you not know how to knock?"

"I didn't see anything at all, I swear." His tone is somewhat amused, and Ansel blows his cheeks out as a flushed Rainey frantically tugs her skirt down.