I'll Take Care Of You

~You're the perfect melody, the only harmony I wanna hear. You're my favourite part of me, with you standing next to me, I've got nothing to fear~ We The Kings & Elena Coats.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Sad Song' by We The Kings ft. Elena Coats.

TRIGGER WARNING: CHAPTER CONTAINS ACTS OF SEXUAL ABUSE.

°°

Rainey

°°Flashback Begins°°

"Please stop..." Tears spilled from my eyes.

I was ten, but my mom had already made me knowledgeable of the good touches and the bad ones, and what Greg was doing had to be bad.

It hurts a great deal. His fingers were rough against my forbidden place, causing me to clamp my legs together, squirming and crying. I was still dressed, but I felt naked, violated. It all felt so wrong.

"Relax, Rainey, we're just playing that's all," he gruffly whispered, his hand continuing its harrowing assault.

"Please stop, I really don't like it..." I cried louder and instantly the door pushed open to reveal Jeff.

Greg pulled his hand from my dress and I crawled away from him and into a corner, hugging my knees in fear as wet torrents of grief flowed down my face.

"What the fuck, Greg?" Shock transformed Jeff's face as he stared at the scene in front of him.

Greg got up and moved over to him. "Relax, Jeff."

"Relax? What the hell, she's my woman's kid." He glanced at me as I buried my face in my lap, my whole body shaking in fright. "And she's ten for fuck's sake, are you crazy?"

"She's not much younger than that thirteen-year-old girl, plus Rainey acts a lot more mature. Stop making a big deal out of this."

Jeff ran a hand over his face. "You know, I am starting to think you're fucking insane or something. What if she tells Miranda? Huh? Where the hell would I end up?"

"She won't tell Miranda and even if she does, that wouldn't change anything." Greg lamented. "Miranda is crazy about you, Jeff. Who would she believe? Her young lover or her kid who misses her Dad and is probably seeking attention?"

Jeff stared at his friend, absorbing the words he uttered. The rage slowly faded from his face, and he placed his hands on his waists, glancing at the floorboard deep in thought.

Greg smirked. "Don't you think I've already thought it all through? I am not an idiot, Jeff."

He sighed, fanning him off. "Whatever. Now get the hell out of here before Miranda gets back. Rainey's crying and you being on the scene will make it a lot more suspicious."

Greg quickly left the room and Jeff draws in a breath, cursing a profanity before plodding over to me. The sound of the creaking floor prompted my head up. He squatted down next to my weeping body and I shrunk away from him, fresh tears leaving my red and swollen orbs.

"Hey, it's okay, he's gone alright?" He whispered, lifting his palms. "He's not here anymore, it's okay. I won't hurt you."