Skeletons

~I never thought I'd feel this kind of hesitation tonight, my hand on another girl. I wish I didn't have to lie, I wish I could let you know. Cause I love you and I need you. I only want you and nobody's going to know if it's true~ The Weeknd.

Chapter Theme Song: "Valerie" by The Weeknd.

°°

Ansel

I lean against the doorframe of Alaric's room while he counts the money in his hand, his cigarette trapped between his lips.

"Have you called Sam?"

My question halts his movements, and he stares at the notes for a while. He puts it aside, taking the joint between his fingers. A sigh leaves his lips as he leans his head against his headboard.

"Yeah, but she's not picking my calls. Have you heard from her?"

I trudge over to him, flumping down on his bed. I gaze at the Tupac poster pasted on his wall, shrugging my shoulders. "I texted her...but she left me on read."

"Damn..." Alaric sighs. "She must be really pissed to have ignored you. You know how much she loves you."

I turn my face to look at him. "Why did you do that to her? Sam's a good girl and you know it. I thought you loved her."

"I do. I really do. You know Sam's my queen, An. But I just have some shit dealing with and that's just the way it has to be right now." He takes a hit of his cigarette, the smoke emitting through his nose and mouth.

My brows furrow as I shift my torso to him. "What do you mean?"

He drags a hand through his hair. "Do you really think I like that 'Bee' girl? She is nowhere near my type. Her titties are fake as hell and her voice is annoying as fuck. But I just have to deal with her until I get what I want."

I narrow my eyes. "And what do you want?"

He hesitates for a second, sitting upright on his bed. "I can't really tell you that right now, for your own safety. But just know that I know exactly what I'm doing, and I have my reasons. Just trust me, alright?"

I exhale heavily, nodding my head. "Okay, I trust you. But you need to at least reassure Sam or something. Or you'll lose a good one."

Alaric nods. "I know." Then he smiles suddenly, a cheeky expression on his face. "So...what about you and Rain?" he takes another smoke, squinting an eye.

At the mention of her name, I resist the urge to smile. The thought of Rainey always tends to put my mood in a contented place. She crosses my mind a lot, and I often wonder if she is okay. The people around her do not genuinely care about her and that breaks my heart.

"What about us?" I ask him.

"Have you guys...you know...done it yet?" He raises his brows smuttily, a smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Knowing exactly what he is hinting at, I shake my head. "No, Alaric. You do know we are just friends, right?"

"Hmm. A boy and a girl can never be just friends, An. That never works out." He dusts his joint onto the platter by his bedside and his cell vibrates from his bed. My eyes catch the screen.