Chapter 21

"Not a word, Olivia." Eric hissed into my ear and my wrist burned from how tightly he gripped it. My head turned as I looked up at him, but he was staring fixatedly towards the Alphas.

Hot breath hit the side of my upper head as he exhaled, his agitation almost tangible.

Quinn was the first one to begin moving, with Alec having little choice but to follow her.

"Walk." Eric muttered, transferring his hold on my wrist to my back. My skin crawled immediately, eyes fluttering shut momentarily as I swallowed my revulsion, but did as he commanded, noticing that the shoes which I wore did little to warm my feet from the thick snow.

As I neared the Alphas, I could feel the slow way my chest began to tighten, and the way my breathing became uneasy and ragged as I kept my head lowered. I could feel them watching us, and him watching me.

"Quinn Collins." The green eyed woman who still held Alec's hand lifted her free right arm, extending her hand for a handshake. I lifted my head slightly, shuddering at the full blast of wind that stung my face as I did so, and saw the way the expressions of the lycans faltered briefly.

Abhorrence had flickered upon their faces so quickly, but I was unsure about whether or not Quinn or Eric had seen it.

Stiff handshakes and names were exchanged, and then more of these actions followed when two other council members joined us.

"Let's go inside." Hannes spoke, and I slowly faced him. Displeasure was written across his face, and his eyes seemed to glaze over when he stared at first unblinkingly at me and then at the hand which Eric still had placed on my back.

The door of the large tent was moved to the side further, flapping loudly which distracted us all. One of the Alphas had moved it so we could step inside, and when I did, I immediately caught sight of Lilith.

She was sitting on a stool, fingers intertwined and back straight as we entered, and her eyes which mirrored Alec's narrowed, anger brewing in the gaze as her half-brother and Quinn came into view.

Quinn noticed Lilith as well, but dismissed her presence. Alec however, immediately began to attempt to struggle out of the woman's grip when he saw Lilith, and I grimaced at the rough handling Quinn dealt him, twisting his arm until he had no choice but to pause, a small whine slipping from behind his clenched teeth.

"Let go of the boy." A booming order was given by an Alpha. His darkening eyes went between Quinn and Alec, and I felt the way the entire mood in the room shifted when Quinn disagreed with his words.

"No, not just yet Riggs. We need to discuss what we came to-"

"Release him." It was a biting, harsh command spoken from Hannes this time, who I hadn't realized had come to stand beside me, on my left. Cold honey eyes lowered to me as Quinn begrudgingly did as instructed, and I shifted uncomfortably under Hannes' penetrating stare.

All I was able to read from him was anger. Nothing else.

I dragged my gaze from his when Alec ran over to Lilith, who stood and pulled him into her arms. I watched them for a few seconds as they embraced, but then switched my gaze to Eric's in question when I felt a push on my upper back.

"Sit down."

I ran my tongue over my teeth in contemplation, hesitating as frustration welled in me. My eyes scanned the entirety of the tent, taking in the tables and chairs, and then, my stomach warmed at the sight of weapons, guns, on a table.