Chapter 39

I faintly recalled the feelings of multiple hands pulling me out of the lake and arms wrapping tightly around my upper body as I'd begun to lose consciousness. Dark blue eyes had briefly held my gaze before my own eyes slipped shut.

When I awoke again, it was only for what seemed to be a few minutes. I was naked in a bathtub, with warm water pooling around me and covering most of my body.

A damp cloth was pressed against my forehead, and through blurry eyes I saw a worried Athena kneeling over the tub, her hand pressing the cloth tightly to my forehead.

Pain seemed to shoot from my temple as I heard Hannes' voice nearby, outside of whatever room I was in, frustration and confusion leaking from his muffled words.

Five unfamiliar women stood inside the bathroom as well, pack members, some which I recognized to be the ones which had hunted recently.

Bright bowls were in their hands, and the vivid colours seemed to intensify the longer I stared, until I had little choice but to close my stinging eyes.

Voices drifted into my mind and I grinded my teeth together, my fingers clenching around the edges of the bathtub as I attempted to straighten, eyes still closed tightly. Athena uttered a word of protest, and once again, rapidly, I lost consciousness. 

Heat.

My hands pulled at the hot sheets covering me, lips parting as a choked scream arose. Strong hands began to press me down against the bed which I attempted to leave, and immediately I began clawing at the arms which held me, my nails raking against skin repeatedly until I was released.

I collapsed back onto the bed with the sheets no longer on me.

All I could see was absolute darkness, and my panic soared, the ringing noises in my ears which I'd heard earlier returning. I scratched at my ears and face, feeling my blood trickle down my cheeks as I punctured skin. The hands returned again, roughly this time, wrestling my wrists.

"Olivia!"

It sounded like Kanes who had yelled.
I screamed as pain shot through my entire body and my back abruptly arched off of the bed. My eyes rolled, and I choked on my breath when I was abruptly lifted into the air momentarily, before being settled down against a warm body. Hannes.

Words escaped my lips, garbled and confusing as I moved desperately closer to him, seeking comfort.

"Shh." Hannes voice floated into my ear, and I rested my face against his neck, body shuddering every now and then. I could feel sweat on my back, and the bloody ringing in my ears had yet to stop.

I lifted my hands back to them, more words which I couldn't even comprehend pouring from my mouth.
I could hear Athena and Willow speaking, voices rushed and urgent, whilst Hannes continued to hold me against him, whispering soft words.

My fingers grabbed handfuls of his shirt as I inhaled his scent deeply and a sudden wave of dizziness finally made me halt from speaking. My head abruptly lolled backwards, and I lost sense of what was around me, and basked in the silence I found.

************

Someone was shining a light into my eye and fingers were prizing it open. I grimaced and attempted to shift the position of my head, but a hand gripped my chin, keeping the direction of my head in place.

Soft wind seemed to caress my body as I laid on a bed wordlessly, enduring the individual continuously shining the bright light into my right eye.

And when it was finally turned off, I heard several footsteps before I felt a hand drift across my forehead, and rest gently against my cheek.