Chapter 62

I awoke on a metal table, wrists and ankles tied tightly around what I believed to be the upper legs of the table. The side of my head throbbed in pain, and I had no doubt that it was swollen. My eyes closed shut for a moment when the room began to swim, and I could feel my chest constricting painfully as panic set in rapidly and memories flooded in.

Quinn's face, Willow's body on the floor and Helda writhing on the ground in her kitchen after being shot were only some of the things that surfaced in my mind. Immediately tears sprung to my eyes as I fought crying, but then my eyes shot open at the sound of a door clicking open suddenly.

Because of the way in which I was laid on the table, legs and arms spread across it, moving was difficult. My skin ached with pain when I pulled one of my wrists, being able to move it slightly, but the thick rope dug into my skin until I dropped it. The sound of footsteps made my head turn sharply to the noises, and my eyes widened at the sight of a tall, burly man.

Scars ran down the back of his neck and cheeks, he wore a dark eyepatch and his bald head seemed to glow under the harsh, bright overhead lights. His brown uniform seemed to emphasize his height and weight.

I became baffled as I watched him approach; because of his height, and body size, I almost assumed he was a lycan. But as he neared, it became evident that he wasn't. His face and features weren't as sharp as most lycans', but he nonetheless looked frightening, especially when his lips curled in a tight, humorless smile.

The word Alberrechian was in dark letters and was stitched into his brown shirt and underneath it was what I presumed to be his name; Rhyan East.

I watched as his thumb lowered to press against the swollen area on my head, applying little pressure. "That looks painful." He muttered, his dark eye running up and down my face. That humorless smile on his face remained, and I recoiled, a gurgled noise of pain escaping my lips when he pressed harder against the side of my swollen head. Rhyan's dark eye narrowed as he watched me wince. "Quinn should have roughed you up more."

"Leave." A female's familiar voice came from behind us, and I watched as Rhyan straightened. His heavy hand moved to rest against my stomach, and I cringed at his touch.

"Will you watch her then?" Rhyan's voice was loud as he snarkily responded to Helda. She must have nodded, because he moved after sending me another lingering look, and I exhaled in relief as his footsteps echoed against the floor.

However, as Helda stepped closer to where I rested, I jerked forward, rage swarming and infesting my mind, and my spit flew, landing on her cheek. She staggered backwards at my sudden movement, and satisfaction crept in me as I witnessed the shock forming on her face.

"Right." Helda's usually soft, and almost meek voice was gone, and in its place was one which held a cocky, firm tone. She used the back of her hand to wipe away my spit, and my eyes followed her as she lifted a long, thin instrument from the bottom of the table. "Do you remember this?" She waved it towards me, and my upper lip curled, eyes narrowing further.

She knew that I did. A button on it allowed electric current to run through and out of it, and the lycans of Klawmoon had often used something like it to 'discipline' us.

"Don't do that shit again." Helda switched the instrument into her right hand, and I watched as she lowered it into the pocket of her white coat.

"Where am I?" I demanded when she moved to rest on the edge of the table, her back pressing against it and head turned my way. I could feel the heat of her body against my left leg, which was near which she stood. I attempted to rotate my ankle, but paused when I felt something hard hit the sole of my left foot. Hiding my smile was difficult, but I managed.