Chapter 64

I apologize if there are any spelling errors. I'll try to edit them soon. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

**************************

"Get on the floor." Willow's voice was guttural and deadly calm, the cold tone in which she used nothing like I'd ever heard from her before.

Helda's fingers wrapped around the butt of her gun and lifted it to aim at the warrior, but Willow easily shot it out of her hands, making it clatter to the tiled floor noisily.

I heard Yanneek move to go and lift the weapon whilst I continued to stare, mouth agape at Willow. I was still in shock at her being unharmed and, clearly, alive.

I'd seen her get shot by Helda multiple times, but here she stood. The skin around her neck was smooth and blemish free. There were no wounds and no blood.

"How are you alive?" Helda's voice cracked as she stared towards the female lycan. Her blue wide eyes kept moving up and down Willow's body in disbelief.

"Get on the floor!" Willow roared, her voice bouncing off the glass walls. Helda sunk to her knees immediately, head lowered and eyes casted down to the floor. Willow stepped forward, keeping the gun aimed at her as she lowered slightly and took out the instrument from Helda's pocket.

"Close your mouth." Willow grumbled to me, never taking her eyes away from Helda, and tossed the instrument over. I barely caught it, and when I did, I could feel my skin crawling from the painful memories that surfaced.

A noise of a dull thud had everyone turning to watch as a Wildeland warrior and an enemy fought, bodies hitting the glass repeatedly until it began to crack.

"We should probably go somewhere a bit safer." Yanneek muttered, but Willow finally lifted her gaze away from the trembling woman remaining on her knees on the floor to stare at me, voice low as she asked,

"What shall I do with her?"

I didn't look to the woman who began sniffling, her breathing becoming harsher and louder with each passing second.

Instead, I observed the cold expression on Willow's face, the anger brewing in her eyes and what I saw to be barely controlled restraint as she stood before the woman who'd been so close to murdering her. Who I thought had murdered her.

Desire to kill was in Willow's primal gaze, but she wouldn't act out on doing so if I told her not to.

I finally looked at Helda. I'd thought of her as a friend, and it still smarted to be betrayed. However, she'd made her true self known. She'd almost murdered Willow, had planned to kill me after the money was exchanged, and had lacked any remorse when she'd said this. I knew she had taken part in making the cake that almost killed me, and yet, here she knelt, pleading with unspoken words and trembling lips that I spare her life.

"Tick tock." Yanneek hissed, taking the instrument from me and breaking it in half. He had Helda's gun and hopefully would be able to defend himself if needed once we left the room. My fingers gripped around the hilt of my dagger when I nodded at Willow, whose eyebrows pinched together in confusion before settling when I said,

"Do what you want." I told Willow quietly, stepping around Helda's kneeling body, seeing Jeremiah coming to stand in the doorway, eyes darting around those in the room. I stopped when I was by Willow's side and murmured, "Do what you desire."