Chapter 53

A sex scene is in the chapter. This is just a warning, I guess lol? I hope you enjoy the chapter. 💕

***********************

The feeling of bliss coupled with the dull ache below made me both smile and grimace as I felt Hannes wiping at my stomach with a cloth.

I watched him for several seconds until I quickly decided that I needed to shower, again. A sheen of sweat covered my body, and I knew I wouldn't be able to rest comfortably in the bed until it was gone.

"Thanks." I mumbled to Hannes once my stomach was clean. I leaned forward, pressing a chaste kiss against his lips whilst taking the cloth from him and dropping it to the floor.

"Where are you going?" Hannes' voice was significantly deeper than what I had expected as I stood. I paused briefly to take up my towel and he then understood.

Mischief shone in his honey eyes as he watched me walk to the adjoining bathroom.

I barely managed to turn on the shower before I heard the clearing of Hannes' throat. I glanced over my shoulder to look at him, allowing a grin to cross my lips before I stepped into the shower, sighing in relief and anticipation whilst hot water trickled along my body.

I rubbed the soap in my hands, gathering foam as I listened to Hannes enter the shower as well. Although he didn't touch me at first, I could feel the heat that seemed to be radiating off of his body as he stood behind me.

I continued lathering up the soap with my hands, hiding the laughter that tickled my throat as I waited for Hannes to speak, or do something.

My eyes traced the tiled walls and I tilted my head when Hannes eventually moved, a low sound of impatience emerging from his mouth. His chest brushed my back and I felt him nuzzling my neck as I began to soap up my body.

"You said you wanted to mark me." I murmured, eyes fluttering when I felt his fangs glide over but not puncture the skin of my neck shortly after I spoke.

Hannes released a low breath against my neck, causing me to shudder and I paused the movements of my hands after resting the soap down.

I leaned into his body, head tilting further, which allowed more of my neck to be exposed to him.

I could feel the water washing off the remnants of soap on my skin, and Hannes reached an arm forward to wrap around my stomach, keeping me against him firmly. I could feel his still hard cock against my back, and felt his quickly growing need and lust through our bond.

"Yes," Hannes raised his head to study my expression when he finally spoke. "I did say that."

I knew that marking commonly happened with mates. I also understood that it could strengthen the bond, which was something I wasn't opposed to. I trusted Hannes; I wouldn't have slept with him if I hadn't, and the thought of him marking me did not bring about any negative feelings. It was something I'd welcome.

So, I found myself smiling when his arm tightened around me, not releasing me when I turned to face Hannes.

My fingers swept up his wet chest, traced over his strong jaw before lingering on the side of his mouth. I could see his fangs from his slightly parted lips, and could hear his slightly shallow breaths as he waited.

"Mark me, Hannes." I told him, voice soft but certain. Hannes immediately released my waist, and his hand cupped the side of my neck firmly whilst his head dipped. I exhaled slowly, wincing when I felt his fangs pierce my skin deeply.

My eyebrows furrowed as pain immediately started to pound in that area, and I stiffened when Hannes eventually pulled away.

I lowered my head to watch the dark blood that came from him biting me trickle down into the water on my skin and fall to the drain below us.