Chapter 51

"I have informed the Alpha about our change of route." Henri's stern voice travelled from where he walked behind me, and I glanced over my shoulder towards the lycan. He was not looking at me however. His eyes were roaming the woods around us and his jaw was set firmly.

"Okay," I called back to him, whilst facing forward once more. Willow too looked quite stern, especially as she watched me advance towards the prison in the distance.

I had no intentions of entering it, although I was admittedly curious as to how Quinn was faring in her cell. I would be quite satisfied knowing that she was living in horrible conditions; it was one of the many things she deserved after what she'd allowed to happen to the lycans in Woodsworth.

I exhaled slowly as I felt the cold wind drift over me continuously as I walked, halting any further possible trickles of sweat down my body. I smelt horrible, and I would enjoy a bath or shower in due time.

We neared the back of the prison, and my eyes ran over the large grey building. My stomach twisted as I recalled the way Anabelle's claws had pierced my stomach, and the memories of my blood soaking my clothes surfaced.

Because we were approaching the prison from the back, I could see several barred windows, and I found myself looking out for the green eyed woman.

As we neared the prison further, I noticed the quick way the warriors moved to walk closer towards me, and I exchanged a confused look with Elle before she gestured up ahead with a tilt of her head.

"She is one of the council members you spoke of, yes?"

My pace slowed until I eventually paused to stare at a barred window. Because of how the window was designed, and the wide, metal bars, it was difficult for me to see the woman Elle was referring to. But when I eventually did, I struggled to hide my surprise.

Quinn's face was gauntly and thin, and the sharpness that was usually in her green eyes seemed to have disappeared. A dark frown was etched onto her face, and it deepened as I met her gaze.

Her lips barely moved, and it appeared as if she was stiffly speaking to someone. Perhaps she shared a cell with another?

"Yes." I responded to Elle. My eyes flitted around the warriors and then landed back on Elle. "How did you know?"

Elle tapped the side of her head. "Willow just explained, or mind-liked, this to Henri, Frederick and myself."

I looked to the female lycan ahead of us, and as if noticing my stare, Willow began speaking, "Hannes had told Jeremiah and I, shortly after you'd returned back to Wildeland, about who Quinn was and that she would be kept in the prison."

Willow's eyes skirted past me and went towards the window. A disgruntled expression crossed her face. "Will we carry on walking now, Olivia?"

I nodded, but strengthened my walk as we circled the prison, and began to pass by what would be the entrance of it. And just as we strode by, Declan, one of the elders who looked far younger than the age I suspected him to be, emerged from the prison.

He looked pleasantly surprised and greeted us all enthusiastically. The last time I'd seen him was after Anabelle's body had been discovered, and he'd stated that he would be able to confirm what had been in her mouth after taking a swab from it.

I had forgotten about asking him what the results were, so after he decided that he'd join us in walking back to my home, since he needed to speak to Hannes anyway, I asked him about it.

Skylar had said that the concoction she'd given Bronwyn had been fairly useless, and what Declan revealed to me matched her words; alcohol and lingerings of an acidic liquid was what he'd been able to determine to be in Anabelle's mouth. I grimaced at the image of Bronwyn prying open the dead woman's lips and pouring the 'potion' into her mouth.