TEN

10 | JACK AND ELSA

10 | JACK AND ELSA

   WINTER was sitting in the massive library of the castle, reading through one of the thousands of stories. Even after living here all her life, Winter had only read less than half the book in the archive, but she had plenty of time to get through them all.

She was splayed out on the library couch, her blonde hair falling in straight waves down her face as she read through the Book of Sorcery.

For such a big castle made of such cold exterior, the library was surprisingly warm.

A loud roar caught her attention, but Winter only smirked keeping her gaze firmly set on the book. Another roar drifted to her ear, this time closer as the library doors opened.

However, in a playfully stubborn manner, Winter pretended as though she did not hear the roaring, listening as huge pounding footsteps that belonged to a great animal made their way toward her resting spot on the couch.

Out of the corner of her eye, she she saw the huge white animal. A second later, instead of a roar a pathetic whimper left the white animal and suddenly, Winter gasped as her polar bear placed its huge head on her abdomen.

"Onika!" Winter puffed, closing the book and setting it on the arm of the couch.

Looking down, Winter scoffed at the begging eyes her huge polar bear which she called her pet was flashing her. Patting Onika on the head, Winter sighed while scratching behind her ears causing the polar bear to hum.

Six years ago, when she was ten, her and her father had been taking a trip way up north in the Arctic when they came across Onika who was a mere cub. Onika could not have been more than three months old at the time, but she was all alone and helplessly running around.

Of course, Jack and Winter stayed for a few hours to make sure Onika was truly alone and her mother was not lurking nearby somewhere. It was not until the two caught sight of the snow wolves feet behind the cub and hunting her that Winter begged Jack to let her keep the polar bear.

Jack, being the ever chaos-bringer he is, barely had to be persuaded before he was swooping in and grabbing the cub before the wolves could get to her. He then gifted Onika to his daughter, saying the cub was her responsibility.

That changed when they brought Onika home to the castle a bit later and Elsa learned that Jack allowed their daughter to have a pet polar bear. Elsa then proceeded to yell at Jack, claiming that if he was the one to let their have a polar bear then Onika was also his responsibility—something that made Jack wilt.

Winter still remembers running away as her father was scolded laughing with her new best friend in her arms.

After that, Winter trained Onika and grew incredibly close to her. Not only that, but Jack and Elsa did too. Onika was now the family pet whom everyone loved, not to mention she was fiercely protective meaning if any danger managed to ever somehow get to the castle, they would need to get through the huge polar bear.