SIXTEEN

16 | FIRST DAY

16 | FIRST DAY

   WINTER was awake bright and early the next day. She gave a loud yawn while sitting up and stretching, her arms outstretched over her head. Winter laid back down in bed, half tempted to close her eyes and sleep the rest of the day away.

However, she was reminded that she was unfortunately no longer on summer break and furthermore would be unable to sleep all day for a long while. With a groan, Winter forced herself out of bed, stumbling her way to the shower.

After a long refreshing shower, Winter was quick to put on one of her normal scholarly outfits. Tightening a tie around her neck, Winter smoothed it down eyeing her form in the mirror to make sure she looked nothing less than presentable.

Her hair was already up in a tight bun, and her face was makeup-less alike to most days. Pulling on her gloves, Winter adjusted them until they were comfortable. Turning around, Winter double-checked her backpack making sure she had everything.

She had already packed it last night, making sure she had a folder and notebook for every class. The work that she had done early was in the respective folder for each class, and she had six different pencils and pens at the ready. Plus her calculator sat in her frontmost pouch.

With that thought in mind, Winter tugged her backpack on and made her way out of her room. Normally, on the first day, the hallway were buzzing with life as girls scrambled to their friend's dorms looking for certain beauty products or guys rushed about bleary-eyed.

However, none of that had started yet as it was still too early in the morning. Winter guessed people would start waking up in less than twenty minutes or so.

Walking down the hall toward the stairs, Winter paused briefly as she passed by the Sea Three's door. For a split second, she imagined Harry Hook popping out, but she was able to breathe when she passed by and there was not so much as a whisper of the Scottish accent.

She assumed they were all still sleeping. Plus, as far as she was concerned, they did not realize her room was literally a few doors down. She intended to keep Harry in the dark about that fact as long as she could, but she had a feeling it would not take him long before he was knocking at her door.

Walking down the few flights of stairs, Winter was suddenly in the courtyard watching as the sun completed rising. During the end of the summers and beginning of fall, the sun was already mostly risen when Winter woke up. However, during the winter and springtime, that was when it was still dark when Winter woke and she got to watch the sunrise.

The only people running around campus, as Winter noted, were teachers. She waved to a few she had last year, many teachers always finding that their favorite student was Winter as she rarely gave them trouble, always paid attention in class, and had her work done on-time.

When Winter entered the library, it was quiet and there was nobody inside. Winter figured the librarian was in the back. Making her way to one of the many comfortable armchairs, Winter sat down, nestling her legs close to her.