F I V E

Alana Salvatore

I didn't step a foot outside the house for a whole week after that day out with my mother in laws. I would rather stayed here than sitting there listening to her rich friends bragged about their children and faked complimenting me.

Thankfully there were many things that I could do here in this gigantic castle they called a house. I had spent my days enjoying their many impressive book collections in the library, cooking with Gianna, did a little bit of gardening, went into the pool, and mostly talking to Ayla catching up about things in our lives and the incident at my wedding. I got to learn that everyone was indeed fine and unharmed which I was thankful for. I didn't want any of the guest to call my wedding day the worst day of life even if this wedding was an arrangement.

Talking about being married, I enjoyed this new life as Mrs Salvatore just fine since my so called husband was nowhere to be seen and I was not complaining at all. I wasn't ready to complete my duty as wife for a stranger I knew nothing about.

Salvatore boy had to earn his way into me.

" Ma'am, the Don is back and is willing to see you in office. " Dean informed earning a groan from me as kept my book down the bench I was sitting on.

Speaking of the devil.

" Lead the damn way. And, for the two hundred and twenty eight times call me Alana. " I complained getting up.

" Don Salvatore wouldn't like that. I don't have a death wish, ma'am. " he said looking blankly at me before leading the way to my husband's office.

Had this man ever smiled in his life? I meant since the first he was assigned to protect me all he did was stand there with a stoned face. The time this bodyguard of mine smiled I would throw him a fucking party.

I followed Dean in silence as we walked up the polish marble staircase. I almost ran in order to keep up with his pace. What a selfish long leg monster. Couldn't he just slow down a bit. When we finally reached the dark wood door, I was panting trying to catch my breath.

" Go in. "

" Don't order me. I might be new here but I'm your boss's wife. I do whatever I want. " I said daring him uttered another word.

I took a few minutes to calm down my nerves before going in since I had to show no fear at all. My stomach stirred slightly in nervousness because it was just a second time that I got to see his highness in person. With all the forces inside me I pushed the door opened revealing a dark room full of book selves and a big dark brown desk in the middle.

There sat the devil himself also known as my disappearing husband. He sat in all his powerful glory wearing a white dress shirt two buttoned undone and sleeves rolled up to his elbows sipping his coffee while staring right back at me with his mesmerizing eyes.

Damn I was gawking.

" Do you know that staring is rude? " Seth Salvatore asked motioning me to sit on the chair in front of the desk.

" Not if you're staring at your lawfully wed husband. " I shrugged taking the seat opposite of him.

" I would be careful if I were you. I wouldn't be throwing sass around a dangerous Don. " he said putting his cup of coffee on the desk.

" Dean said you asked for me. " I said rolling my eyes.

" I did. Don't roll your eyes at me. " he said.

" Why did you ask for me? "

" To introduce you to a whole new world ahead of you. A world you will have to share with me. Until death do us part. " Seth said. His grey eyes burning into mine.

" You must heard rumors running around, I assumed you did a fair research on me, yes? " he asked. I nodded my head.

" Use your words. " he growled like an animal which scared me a little.

" Yes. Yes, I did. Wouldn't want to married an stranger I knew nothing about, would I?. " I said.

" So, do you believe that my family, which is also now yours, run an underworld beside our high tech company? " he asked searching for fear in my eyes.

Really straight to the point. This guy wouldn't give me time to breath, would he? I mentally sigh. I missed my novel, that was waiting for me to read it downstairs.

" I don't believe shits people say. " I said truthfully as he looked at me with a bit of a shock but he covered it up quickly.

" But, I know you're the mafia Don of the whole London or maybe even Britain. I live here for week now. I see how things work. I had a tour around. I saw your torture room in the dungeon and your weapons room. And, people going around the house doing their works. " I shrugged like it wasn't a big deal at all.

But, deep down inside me there was fear for my life. I wasn't entirely sure what was I getting myself into.

" Live up to your detective father, I see. " he said amused.

" I've been to your warehouse. Your man isn't exactly doing a great job, just saying. " I said.

" What do you mean? Are you underestimating my men? " he asked with a challenge gaze.

Was he trying to scare the shit out of me? Because, he was also doing a bad job.

" They didn't even notice I got out of the house when they were supposed to babysit me as you ordered. I followed your men to the warehouse one night. Your Lamborghini is fantastic by the way. " I said.

" They made it obvious that they were doing dirty business. Trading drugs and guns in opened places. Were you trying to blow up your cover? " I continued as I played with the pen that was on the desk.

Seth was silent for a moment taking in what i just said.

" Are you scared of your life as you're now bond to me and my mafia? " he asked breaking the silence.

" No. I grew up with father, I was surrounded by guns knives and crimes. I am just as fearless as he was. I'm sure you know how Harris Carsten was. The shooting at the wedding was a bit of a shock for me as I had never been in a real bloodbath. But, I think I'll get use to it eventually. "

" And, as the Don's wife I'm sure I would get all the protection from your men and my own husband. " I said finally looking up from the pen to his face.

I had been avoiding his gaze not because he was scaring me but because his eyes and everything else of him intimidated me. Seth Salvatore was the first guy to make me nervous and I didn't even know why.

" You are right. No one would touch my wife. I would protect you with my life. You have my words. "

" But, once you betrayed us I wouldn't think twice before putting a bullet between your gorgeous eyes. "

" I am not stupid. " I muttered.

" As the Don's wife came responsibilities. You live up to my last name. Don't embarrass or humiliate our family's reputation. Take after my footsteps show them no fear nor mercy. And, follow my rules which I shall tell you later tonight. " he threw all of his bullshits at me in one go.

I nodded understanding.

" You will have to gain respect from all the mafia members, show them who is the boss. Which mean you will have to meet all of them tomorrow with me. You can leave. " he said.

" And, last but not least mafia before death. "

I nodded my head earning another deadly glare from him. I mentally sighed, he was such a child.

" Understood. "

Without uttering another word I got up and left the room closing the door behind me not sparing him another glance.

I entered this office as a free spirit and left with heavy duty of the Don's wife on my shoulders.