N I N E

Alana Salvatore

" What are you doing, sweetheart? " my mother in laws asked when she approached me.

" I'm helping Sarah making dinner. " I said cutting the vegetables.

Sarah was a fifty years old widow who worked as a cook in our household. I got along with her fine and found out that she had been working for our family since before Seth was born. She basically helped Gianna raised him and his brother.

" Is Seth coming home for dinner? " I asked.

" Oh, sweetheart. That boy never come home, always working till midnight. " Gianna answered making me slight sad.

I thought we were having dinner together as a family. His father and brother had just arrived this afternoon. Everyone was here. I wanted to know the feeling of having a full family together as I had never known that kind of feeling before. Mother and her husband had never been home, it was always just Ayla and I.

" Good evening, ma. " Seth's voice boomed snapping me out of my thought. I was so surprised that I even sliced my finger.

Ouchie.

That stupid idiot. why did he have to shout?

" Good evening, wife. " he came behind me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

" No kisses for your mother? " Gianna said. I could felt her pout.

" You thought of coming home to have dinner now that you got a wife, huh? "

But, Seth never responded because his eyes were focused on my bloody hand. He seemed to be dead in his spot with his arms still snaked around my waist.

" What the hell happened? " he snapped.

" Why are you acting like you have never seen blood? I'm fine. " I asked also still looking my own hand.

He completely ignored my sass and swept me off my feet. My husband was holding me bridal style. The task he had failed on the day of our wedding. He ran up the stair so fast that I had to hold onto his neck with my eyes closed.

" Are you trying to fucking kill me? " I screamed and he finally slowed down.

Seth went into his bedroom. It was the time first that I came in here. Everything was in grey and smelled like him, scent that I seemed to love so much.

" What happened? " he asked placing me on his bathroom sink before turning to grab the first aid kit.

" You. " I said causing him to furrow his eyebrow.

" You shouted while I was cutting vegetables. " I said.

" I'm sorry. " he said cleaning my wound.

Did the big bad boss just apologized? To me?

" It's alright. " I blurted not sure what to say.

" I want you to stay here. I'll tell someone to move your things here tomorrow. " he stated.

" No. I'm not going to sleep on the bed you used to fuck your whores. " I said calmly looking at my bandaged finger.

" I had never bring another girl into my room let alone let them sleep on my bed. " he said pulling my chin up forcing me to look at his eyes.

There were no lies. He was stating nothing but truth.

" Fine. I'll stay. But, no touchy touchy unless you have made up your mind. " I groaned crossing my arms.

" Oh trust me I have made up my mind. " he leaned down to whisper in my ears.

" See you at dinner, wifey. " he said walking out of the room after smacking my ass.