T W E N T Y- S I X

Alana Salvatore

" What the hell, Vic? " I sighed rubbing my temples as I stood up from my seat.

The girl had just poured her whole cup of tea on my blouse creating a big yellow stain. God. It wasn't my day today, was it?

I turned my head toward Victoria before raising an eyebrow at her. She was standing there holding her empty staring and scanning me up and down for what seemed like hours before her face turned into pure shock.

" Come with me. I need to talk to you. " she squealed taking my hand into hers before pulling me out of the room leaving Brandon to do all the documents alone.

The guy was so lost in his work that he didn't even notice us leaving.

Victoria basically dragged me into the nearest room possible and shut the door before turning back to scan my body once again. I watched her absorb every inches of my body until her eyes landed on my stomach.

Feeling uncomfortable and insecure I put my arms around the area trying to hide as much of it as possible.

" You do look a little chubbier. " she said rubbing her chin.

What the hell? Who said that to a woman? I glared daggers at her causing her to smile apologetic at me.

" Describe to me your dream sandwich right now? " she said resting her hands on both of her hips.

" What? You're acting weird, Vic. I want to finished those stupid documents right now not describe a fucking sandwich. " I scoffed.

" Are you hungry? " she asked.

" Of course yes. I haven't eaten since this morning. I would really love a banana bread sandwich with nutella ham lettuce a slice of tomato and bacon right now. " I blabbered out in my one breath.

Victoria looked at me liked she had just seen ghost.

" What? " I groaned.

" That explain the lavender scented candle I lighted a few days ago. I knew it doesn't smell like shit. " she said looking liked she was in a deep thought.

" What are you on about? Look I want to take a shower. I smelled like tea. You're being weird. " I scoffed.

" And, you're definitely pregnant. " she squealed hugging me.

Pregnant ? A baby? What?

" Come again? " I said in a low voice trying to process what she was telling me.

" You have been really grumpy lately. And, don't get me started with your temper. You shot a guy because he brought you your fucking tea thirty seconds late. "

" But, let's go to the hospital to be sure. "

Without waiting for my response Victoria dragged me into her car and sped off to the hospital and because of my shock stage, I just let her did whatever the hell she wanted.

Could I really be having a child?

Victoria parked her car inside the hospital parking spot. Looking around to see if anyone was there, she handed me a spare sweatshirt in her car muttering the word change. I took my stained blouse off revealing my bare stomach.

Sitting in only my bra I turned my gaze down and stared at the now exposed stomach. Victoria followed my gaze then stopped at the same exact spot. This went on for what seemed like hours before we both snapped back into reality.

" Holy shit. That's definitely a fucking bump. " she squealed.

" If I was really pregnant, I don't think i was supposed to be showing at this early stage. You're imagining shits. " I scoffed pulling the sweater over my head.