T H I R T Y- S E V E N

Alana Salvatore

" Remember what I told you. One wrong move from you, the bitch will die. I will be watching you. " Kaitlyn hissed digging her nails into my arm.

" Yeah yeah I remember. I don't suffer from memory loss. " I scoffed shoving her hand of me.

Kaitlyn sent me one last glare before walking off muttering curses under her breath. My hand instantly went up to my chest heaving a deep sigh as I watched her walked away.

I thought about how would my actions affected my friend's life and wellbeing before deciding what to do next. Taking another deep breath I walked back inside the house and up into Seth's office.

My husband sat in all his glory leaning his head back against his big chair with a cigar in his mouth and a glass of scotch held loosely in hand. While Dean and Noel sat in silence in front of their Don with their head held low looking at the ground.

I walked up to the desk gaining my husband's attention. He cocked an eyebrow at me before waving the two bodyguards off. And just liked that without any hesitation the two men got up and hurried out of the room closing the door behind them.

" How are you? " he asked with the cigar still in his mouth.

" You don't smoke around a pregnant woman, Don. Especially if she is your wife. " I said getting on his laps.

" Tell me princess, to what do I owe your sudden visit to my office when you should be taking a rest or enjoying your new home. " he said putting the cigar away.

Without saying a word I started unbuttoned his shirt slowly not taking my eyes off his. He looked at me in confusion but didn't stop me. Wrapping my arms around his neck I smashed my lips on to his. His hands instinctively went to my thighs gripping it slightly as he kissed me back with the same energy.

My mouth trailed down from his mouth to his sharp jawline then to his neck kissing and sucking liked my life was depend on it, liked if I broke the kiss he would disappear from my grip as he exhaled a sharp breath running his hands up and down my thighs.

" Kaitlyn. She has Victoria. Help her. Do something. Please. " I said into the kiss as a single tear slipped out of my eyes.

She must be dumb to think that I would listen to her order. I was not stupid. Going alone with her and without Seth's knowledge would put my child's life in danger.

Seth cupped my cheeks making me looked at him.
" What else did she say to you? "

" She said if I tell you anything, she will kill Victoria. And, she wants me to go to Russia with her tonight. " I said as more tears slipped down my cheek.

" You know I am not afraid of anything hell I am not even afraid of dying but the sight of you crying is my worst nightmare. So, please stop crying. " he said wiping away my tears.

" B-But, Victoria. " I sobbed burying my head into his chest.

This was the first time ever that I had cried in front of him. I might be forced to come here but I had never shed a tear during my marriage to him. I had been so brave in this life but the thought of losing my friend made my inside shattered.

I knew what exactly they were trying to do. They were going to use Victoria as a bait for me to give up my life. They did their research, they knew I wouldn't let my friend died because of me not when I was the reason.

And, worst of all they were going to make Seth choose between his wife and his cousin.

" Did she mention taking Victoria to Russia? " he asked kissing my temples.

" Yes. " I said.

" Do you trust Victoria that she can take care of herself over there until we find her? " he asked.

I snapped my head up to look at my husband. He was looking into spaces seeming to be in a very deep thought. His eyes were emotionless at the moment I couldn't tell what was he thinking and what did he mean by that.

" What do you mean? " I asked trying to read his mind by searching his eyes deep into his soul.

But, this man was too good at hiding his emotion. His eyes shown me nothing. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling right now.

" I have thought about this possibility and it indeed came true as I have thought. " he sighed.

I looked at him in complete confusion.

" Tell me what are we going to do? " I asked.

" You don't have to worry about this. And, you will not go anywhere with Kaitlyn. And, I will save Victoria. I promise. " he said.

" I want you to go to our room, two doors from here. And, stay there. Do not go out. Dean and Noel will be guarding your door until I come to you. " he said.

Walking back out of his office my heart was heavier than ever. I prayed to god that whatever my husband was doing will work out. I prayed for my friend and for those bastards to just die and burn in hell where they belonged.

My hand touched the cold door knob twisting and turning before opening slowly. My heart beat paced up as I walked inside. The room was cold and somewhat gave me chills. There was a feeling that I did not want to be in here, not when I was alone.

I walked in further into the bedroom trying to reach the soft looking bed.

" I told you not to tell him. And, what did you do? You went straight to him and tell him just liked I had thought. I know you're not a kind of submissive bitch. " I heard a woman said between her laughters.

My eyes widened as I turned my back toward the door. Kaitlyn was standing there with a wicked smile played on her freckled face. She then slammed the door shut making me jump in surprise.

" What are you doing here? " I asked taking a step back as she stepped toward me.

My back was hit with a hard wall like substance when suddenly an arm grabbed my whole body before my mouth was covered with a soft fabric.

" You asked for the hard way yourself. " I heard Kaitlyn said through her smirk.

And then everything went black.

••••

So, I've heard y'all are losing sleep over the last chapter. How are you now?