F O R T Y- E I G H T

Alana Salvatore

I slipped into the white silky dress that Seth I left for me in the closet. The cold material of the soft silk hugged my body liked a second skin, showing of my entire figure and my tiny baby bump while the slit on the side exposing my left leg for the world to see.

Standing in front of the mirror I stared at myself adding finishing touches to my appearance. My hair was curled and let down loosely down my back, my face was bare without an ounce of makeup.

Adjusting the loose spaghetti straps of my dress I chuckled to myself. " This husband of mine is one of a perv. "

I had woken up this morning alone in the ginormous cold bed missing his warmth. He left before the sun rise to god knew where leaving me a note saying that he would be seeing me soon and told me to put on the dress he had left for me.

My killer heels clinked against the marble floor as I made my way out of the closet making the clicking sound of satisfaction. I was in no stage to wear heels with this baby growing inside of me, but with this dress on I had no choice.

The door to our bedroom suddenly opened revealing the one person I had missed so much and hadn't seen in months.

Ayla walked through the door in her long baby pink sundress and a flower crown on her head. Followed closely behind her was none other than my only best friend, Victoria in a similar sundress and of course a flower crown.

Their choices of clothing today earned an eyebrow raised from me but the two shown no sign of expression other than happiness through their bright smile.

" You look magnificent. " Victoria squealed making me do a twirl to show her my full appearance.

" My baby sister. I have missed you so much, Lana. " Ayla smiled wrapping her arms around my body.

I hugged her back with smile playing on my face, tears threatening to pour down my cheeks enjoying the warmth from my sister that I hadn't felt in months.

" You have grown so much. And, turned into a true woman. How are you and my nephew? " she asked placing her hand on my stomach.

" We are both doing great. I'm finally happy, Ayla. I finally have a real family just like you and Dan. " I cried into the crook of her neck.

" You have no idea how happy I am for you. You deserve all these happiness and so much more. " she said running a hand up and down my back.

We both stayed like that for a moment before pulling back with teary eyes smiling at one and another. I wiped the tears away asking what were they doing here and when did Ayla arrived.

" You will know soon. We have to go now and will be seeing you later. " they both said in union before rushing out the room.

To say that I was confused was an understatement. But, the two had always been weird so I brushed it off and continued to get ready.

I applied some lotion on hands before spraying my favorite coconut scented perfume on my wrist and neck. The door creaked open again gaining my attention.

This time it was my mother in laws. Gianna Salvatore in flesh and bone. For some reasons this felt like my wedding day all over again with people turning up at door while I got ready.

" Alana my dear, stunning as always and my precious grandchild. How are you both doing? " she asked before I could even questioned when and why was she also here.

" I am doing great. The baby has been good lately. How are you, mom? " I chuckled softly.

" I'm fantastic. I have nothing to give you today but my title as the Donna. You have captured the hearts of everyone in this family, Alana. " she smiled taking my hands into hers.

I stared at her in confusion but smiled in return.

" You are a true Donna. This family is lucky to have someone as amazing as you are. My son is one of a lucky man. " she smiled pecking my cheeks softly.

I was about to return her kisses when a knock on the door interrupted me in mid action. I uttered a soft come in then the door was opened.

" Good morning, my beautiful sister in laws. You are as stunning as always, your beauty never failed to amaze me. " Sebastian revealed himself into the room.

I gasped in surprise. This guy had finally learned how to knock.

" Seth demands to see her? If so tell him, to come in later. " Gianna asked chuckling to herself.

" No. He is restless and demands her presence down the shore as soon as possible. " Sebastian said grinning.

Gianna shook her head smiling before turning her head toward me. She took my hand into hers and led me out of the room then down the staircase meeting with my father in laws.

Steven held his out for me and I took it gratefully as he helped me down the last steps. Gianna and Sebastian walked hands in hands together out to the beach leaving me alone with Steven.

" Allow me to walk you to my son. " he said hooking my arm around his before handing me a bouquet of white roses.

It didn't take a genius to understand what was happening from there. My eyes were getting teary at the realization. The white dress, the unexpected guests and the flowers. He had planned me a new real wedding.

" Before I hand you to my son, I give you one chance to leave and never return. I offer you freedom away from this life and him. He will never find you, I won't let him. The only thing I ask for in return is for me to see my grandchild once a month. " Steven said catching me off guard.

I looked at my father in laws bewildered for a moment before shaking my head smiling at him.

" No. I have always been his and always will. I belong with him. " I said.

" Then, let's get you married. This time no forcing and no pressure. " Steven chuckled then lead me outside the house.

I took off my heels at the door step and walked barefoot on the sand. From a distance I could see a white arrangement right next to the blue ocean. The seashells were lined into two lines creating a path for me to walk down. On each of my sides were all family and the people I held close to my heart which wasn't much but I was okay with that.

Standing at the end of the altar next to Sebastian was the greek god himself. He was wearing a simple white dress shirt tucked into his usual black slacks and was also barefoot. His hair was slightly messy from the wind creating a sexy mess, Don Seth Salvatore looked as handsome as always.

" Ready to get married? " Seth asked taking my hand from Steven.

" Yes. " I nodded smiling.

Seth turned me around so we both could face our pastor. And, it was none other than Sebastian, the best and perfect person to marry us. He smiled at me before starting the ceremony.

This was perfect.

••••

I got so emotional writing this chapter.
It brings back memories all the way to chapter one.🥺