F O R T Y- T H R E E

Alana Salvatore

I sat on the cold floor struggling my hands out of the rope watching the horrible scene fold before my eyes. I was crying but making no sound, with a free hand covering my mouth, the tears were running down liked waterfall, my heart was breaking into pieces.

My husband was dying before my eyes and I couldn't do anything to help because I was weak and numb in my spot.

Dmitri raised his gun directly at my husband's heart with a sick grin on his face, liked he had just won the biggest prize in the world before pulling his pistols trigger.

Bang.

And, my heart stopped.

I closed my eyes the tears had stopped. I couldn't even cry, I felt nothing. It was like my whole world had ended crumbling to the end of my toes. I didn't cry. I didn't hear or see anything. I was just there as my heart was dying slowly.

It was the emptiness in my chest that made me realized one thing that I should have realized a long time ago. I was in love with my husband. But, now it was too late.

" I gave you one chance to take your revenge and just like I had thought, you missed. " a familiar voice echoed through both of my ears.

" It's only fair that it's now my turn to do the same, yeah? " his chuckles hit my ears.

My eyes snapped open in hurried to find the eyes I was longing to see. He was still here, standing in all his glory smirking with a hand covering his bloody shoulder, the other loading his gun.

Freeing my other hand and quickly untying my feet, I rose up from the floor with rage building up in my system every time I glanced at this Dmitri piece of shit.

Seth was looking at me with a raised eyebrow watching my every moves as I walked toward the mental guy while he was still in shock trying to recover the fact that he had just missed his shot.

Standing on my ground, I curled my hand into a fist and aimed for his head. My fist hit the side of his head catching him of guard making him swayed in his stance.

Taking advantage of his lousy stance i swung my right leg up high kicked the back of his neck taking him out unconscious. I watched his body hit the ground of the warehouse making a loud thud.

Bloody pussy.

Seth's lips parted in surprise as his jaw slightly dropped. I ran toward him wrapping both of my arms around his neck and legs around his waist. His hands instinctively supported my body while burying his head to the crook of my neck.

" What the hell did you just do, woman? You're pregnant for god's sake. " he asked running his hand up and down my back.

" I thought you died. " I sobbed into his chest.

" Baby, I told you it takes more than a bullet to kill a Salvatore. " he chuckled softly as I smacked his head.

The world around us suddenly disappeared, the shooting started bullets were firing above our heads but it was all blurry to me. It didn't matter how much danger we were in as long as I was in his arms I knew I was safe.

" Take him to our main base, in England. And, find Kaitlyn. Make sure I see them both in the cell first thing in the morning. " Seth ordered.

" I don't want to be here anymore. " I said turning his gaze toward me.

" Baby, we don't leave our men here to fight on their own. We fight to together. " he said making me a bit guilty. I looked at Dean and Noel apologetically.

" Don, take ma'am out of here. We understand why she doesn't want to stay. I'm sure we can take care of all these kids. " Dean said bowing his head.

Seth hummed in response before nodding his head. But, I could tell he didn't really want to leave.

" I'm trusting you in this. And, for the love of god burn this place down. We will be flying back to England right now. Take care of this mess. " he said.

Dean and Noel nodded their heads before heading away into the shooting.

Seth unwrapped my legs from his body making me pouted in annoyance. He chuckled before picking me up again but this time in bridal style.

He walked out of the place liked a boss he was. Liked there was no bullets flying in the air. He had it all planned out and I was proud of this man.

The first thing I did when we reached his spare house was rushing into the bathroom. Yes, this man owned a fucking house in Russia.

I scrubbed away my skin trying not to feel his filthy touches on my body. I wanted to wash it all away but the dirty feeling wouldn't go away. I was on the urge of tears when Seth came rushing in after me.

" What the hell are you doing? Your skin is all red. " he growled taking the washing cloth off my hand.

" He touched me. I felt dirty. It's okay if you are disgusted and don't want to be with me anymore. " I cried.

Seth looked at with me liked I was crazy before taking my naked body into his arms.

" That bastard will pay. I promise you. No one disrespect my woman and get away with it. " he grunted under his breath.

" But, my body is filthy now. " I pouted.

" You could roll in mud and I will still find you the sexiest woman alive. " he smiled caressing my cheeks making me smiled in return.

Seth picked me up and sat me down on the bathroom counter. He took the towel from my hand and put it on my head attempting to dry my hair for me. I watched his every moves until I realized that he had been shot on the shoulder.

" He shot you. " I asked patting his shoulder.

" Don't worry about me. I already got it stitched. But, tell me where else did they hurt my baby hm? " he asked cupping my bruised cheeks into his big palm.

I grinned at him knowing what he had on his mind.

" Dmitri and you had history, I will leave you to him. But, Kaitlyn is mine to kill. " I said earning a chuckles from him.

" I don't want the queen's hands to get anymore bloody but whatever the queen says will goes. " he said smirking.

The fact that we were having this conversation so casually scared me a little but with this life everything had to be crazy.

" You know you are the strongest woman I have met. If any girls were in your place, they would be traumatized after the assault that bastard pulled on you. "

" But, here you are smiling and laughing like it was an everyday things. " Seth said putting one of his shirts over my head.

" It is an everyday things. With you and your mafia I am prepared for anything life throw at me. All we have to do is face it together. " I said.

He looked at me with so much emotions in his eyes. And, for the first time ever I was able to read what was on his mind just because he allowed me to.

" I adore you so much, Mrs Salvatore. Say the words and I will be ready to put the world under your feet and worship the ground you walk on. " and with that he slammed his lips on to mine.

••••

As my story almost coming to an end I realized that I was the villain all along.
And, man that give me a weird feeling.🥴