T H I R T Y- E I G H T

Alana Salvatore

My head was pounding liked someone was banging on it making me groaned in pain. I felt like I was experiencing a morning hangover after a wild night. But, then again I rarely drink and I was pregnant I couldn't be drinking any alcohol at all.

I slowly opened my eyes letting out a small groan as a bright light hit into it. I tried to move my body just to realized that I was tied up and a cloth was in my mouth.

Shit. I was kidnapped in my own home. All those codes gates and bodyguards and yet here I was being held captive.

I scanned the almost dark room with a single little window above my head. I was sat in a corner of the furniture less clement room. It was dirty and rather disgusting I could even smell fresh blood in the air.

My eyes moved taking the environment until a figure caught my eyes. It was Victoria. She was tied up and sat on the other corner obviously passed out, there were blood dripping down her head blue and purple cuts bruises all over her body. My heart ached for my friend, the angers towards myself grew because I couldn't help her.

" Where the fuck am I? " I growled lowly under my breath after spatting the disgusting cloth out of my mouth.

My baby. A realization hit me as I tried to feel my bump wanting to know if my child was okay, wondering if they had found out about our precious secret.

" Ah. You're awake. " A muscular voice hit my eyes making me snapped my head to my left.

The single aluminum door was slammed open making a loud banging noise. Victoria stirred slightly but still did not wake up.

The person turned the switch on creating light in small room. I shut my eyes for a second before opening them back after the burning sensation from the sudden bright light was gone.

" Who the fuck are you? " I asked scanning the man in black suit.

He was tall a little over six foot to be exact but still
a bit shorter than Seth. He was bulky and built like a hunk. But, while my husband was handsomely muscular, this man was too big that it almost made him inhuman like. The smug looks on his scarred face was dangerous his smile was so evil as he looked at me liked I was his prey.

" I assumed husband dearest never talked about his best mate. It is nice to finally meet you Mrs Salvatore the name is Dmitri Petrov. " he said smirking while squatting down to meet my eyes level.

" Pleasure all mine. My husband talked a lot about you. " I smiled.

" All the good things I hope? " he smirked lighting his cigarette before putting it in his mouth.

Damn it. I couldn't even tell him not to smoke around a pregnant woman. Because he could not know or did he already know. I meant Brandon knew he might have told him. But, if he was going to ignore the fact, I would too.

" Like you had done any good things. " I rolled my eyes at him.

And boy that didn't amuse him at all. He seemed to grow with anger and rages as he grabbed my chin harshly into his hand giving a more close view of his face.

I had seen a picture of this mafia wannabe guy in my husband's office during his high school day. And, I could assure you that he looked nothing liked the gentleman in the picture. Dmitri Petrov used to be quite a handsome young man lean body with light brown hair and golden brown eyes but right now he was no longer handsome but rather looked a complete monster.

His flawless face was now scarred hair longer while his eyes darkened to almost black filled with anger and sorrow. He was no longer human in my opinion but who was I to judge maybe he liked his new looks.