F O R T Y- F O U R

Seth Salvatore

[ Violence Content ]

I sighed tightening my grip on the delicate body of my Alana wanting to hold closed to as much as possible, I wanted to hear her heartbeat rhythm with mine, I wanted to feel her chest rising up and down every time she breathed.

We fit together liked we were made just for one another, the only thing that kept the little distance between us was our little baby.

We had arrived back at the estate three days ago along side Brandon and Victoria but all four of us hadn't talked about the incident just yet. Not that I was looking forward to it though.

Alana was strong but even the strongest woman alive had a hard time dealing with nightmares and demons. My wife had been getting dreams about the assault every other nights the pass days and it broke my heart into pieces.

She woke up crying with sweat covering her forehead while her body shook and trembled in fear. The sight was a stab at my heart.

" Baby, go to back to sleep. " I whispered into her ears.

" Every time I closed my eyes I see his face. I feel his burning touches on my skin. I hate having to experience that over and over again even it is all in my head. " she sobbed into my chest.

" You need to sleep, Alana. " I said caressing her soft silky watermelon scented hair.

She shook her head tightened her arms around my waist.

" I will slay all the monsters off if they disturb you my love, both real and imaginary. " I soothed.

I whispered sweet nothing into her ears, my left hand playing with her hair and the other running up and down her back for hours until she fell asleep with a little smile playing on her face.

Kissing her cheeks gently I untangled my body away from her grip making her groaned softly but buried herself deeper into the duvet still fast asleep.

I walked into the closet putting on my white button up shirt and slacks before heading out of the room. The bastard had been laying around my cell alive and well for way too long, it was finally time for him to pay what he did to my family.

" Can you stay with Alana for the night? Brandon and I have to handle some business. " I said walking into the living room.

Victoria had her arms around Brandon's neck and his around her waist. They seemed to be in a deep conversation and way too comfortable position.

" Business at three in the morning? " she asked pouting at Brandon.

The sight was so disturbing to see. I had never imagined my best friend and my sister being so intimated with one and another.

" You heard the Don. I'm sorry I have to go with him baby girl. " he answered kissing her neck.

" Cut the crap and get off my sister right now or I will put a fucking bullet in your skull, best friend or not. " I rolled my eyes making the two jumped away from each other.

Cursing under my breath I strode out of the house and into my black Lamborghini. Brandon got on right after I closed my door.