T W E N T Y- T W O

Alana Salvatore

I was getting more and more anxious as time passed by minutes turned into hours. We had been sitting and waiting in the safe room for a very long time as Brandon kept coming in and going back out to check around the estate just in case someone managed to come in again.

" Still no message from him? " I asked glancing at Brandon's phone.

" He should be back soon. " Brandon replied as he paced around the room with his phone held tightly in his hand.

" Wait. Where is Kaitlyn? Did she go with Seth? " Victoria asked cocking an eyebrow at Brandon.

" Looking for Kaitlyn was the last thing on my mind tonight so I do not know where she is. The girl has been trained all her life, she knew how to take care of herself, don't worry. " he said.

" I'm not worried about her. I just don't want her close to my brother, that's all. " Victoria shrugged.

Kaitlyn. How come I didn't think of her? Trained all her life, knew her way around the estate like the back of her hand, but a trusted member of Seth, basically grew up together, she couldn't be betraying him right?

But, then again the estate seemed so impossible to break in. I had been here for weeks and not even a single package got through with Seth's knowledge let alone multiple men.

" The Don is back. " Noel announced from the other side of the wall cutting my thought short.

Relief flushed through my whole entire body at the news that I had just heard. Victoria rushed to the sliding door with my hand in hers, with beaming smiles on both of our faces we ran liked we hadn't ran before out of the room with Brandon trailing close behind us.

Men and women dressed in black leather were surrounded around the house. There were at least fifty people in the estate right now, it was the first time that I had seen the estate so crowded since my arrival.

We stepped down the stair case quickly with my eyes scanning around the room hoping to catch a certain pair of intimidating grey eyes.

" Ma'am, we are so sorry. We couldn't do our job well enough. " a tall bulky man with black hair bowed as I walked passed him into the living room.

What?

" Don had been shot. But, we got the Vipers leader. " another men said.

My heart sank deep into my stomach as I raced through the crowded room. I did not care if they got the damn leader or not. I just wanted to see my husband.

More people kept coming my way blocking me from the living room view. I glided passed all of them without saying a word. I just wanted to go in and see what the hell happened before I decided if I should murder all of them.

The scene fold in front of me made my blood ran cold. I was numb in my spot as I stared at the men I had been wanting to see all night lying on the couch with blood covered his clothes.

I had never really approved of his way of living, by killing to survive,murdering and taking lives in cold blood. But, at this moment I didn't feel ashamed to wish the blood that was on him was somebody's else and not his.

Beside him kneeled a raven haired woman whom I had just learned that she used to be his sweetheart during high school days. Her hand was in his gripping tightly as if her life was depend on it.

But, the man I called my husband on the other hand, even in his almost unconscious state was trying to pull away just to fulfill his promise to me that he would not touch another female species.