Chapter 2: LYNN

I heard the knock just as I finished painting my last nail bubble gum pink, my favourite colour.

"Come in, I know it's you Laura," I called out

She came in and saw me in front of the mirror and smiled looking around the room. She is so good at acting strong,I thought cause when she smiled I could still see the traces of the tears that she had been crying before coming here.

"What you wanna wear sis?" she asked me walking over my closet her voice calm.

I already had decided what I want to wear today.

"Ummm can you take out my jeans and a white top also my leather jacket?" I asked wheeling myself towards her.

"Jeans? Jacket? Feeling a little mature aren't you? They would go perfectly with those multi colour nails of yours right?" she sneered.

I know what she means exactly, I chose this outfit because I am almost thirteen and nothing to show it so dressing up is my way to feel more my age and as for the nails, that's none of her business.

"Stop being sarcastic I'm twelve and I can make my own decisions," I snapped back

"Okay okay whatever but no jeans though, maybe a trouser, gotta show your knee to the doc right?"

"Yeah...okay," I replied suddenly remembering why we are dressing up and where we are going.

"Come on, soon you will be able to wear anything you want you won't even need my help, and then you could walk run you know," she said trying to sound hopeful.

I looked at Laura and saw her kid face with her light brown hair in their pixie cut, she shaved her head completely once we became aware of my cancer to show her support but now on my insisting she is growing it again.

"Yeah I hope that soon comes soon,"

Yeah I hope that soon comes soon cause I don't have much time left is what I meant to say but I know that something inside her would break so I kept the latter to myself.