Chapter 17: LAURA

When I woke up the next morning my head hurt terribly, why? Oh well because I cried myself to sleep, the usual.

I wanted to stay in bed all day long but obviously I couldn't, so I forced myself to get out and brush my teeth and go down for breakfast. It is already half past nine so everyone has finished their first meal of the day, but mom presented me with fried egg and toast nevertheless.

"We have already had our breakfast you were sleeping so I didn't wake you up," mom informed me kindly.

"Oh... thanks can I have some coffee please?" I said thinking that coffee would take away the headache. I always thought coffee to be some sort of elixir as a child because of how adults always drink it, but the first time I had it when I was fourteen it was so extremely bitter that I promised myself to never drink it again. Ever, but here I am sipping on my cup of black coffee that my mom gave me.

"Are you okay Laura?" she asked slightly alarmed

"Yeah... I am," I replied shortly hoping that she wouldn't press the topic further.

"Doesn't look like it," she said

I had no idea what to say or more importantly how to react, am I just going to go and be like, Oh nothing I just lied to you yesterday and went to the emergency ward of a hospital with George. There I had a Ct. Scan and the cardiologists told me that I have a damaged heart and that I will be dying pretty soon. I decided to go for the simpler answer.

"I am just having a head ache,"

"Oh okay well tell me if you need anything," she said ruffling my short hair. I cut my hair after Lynn got rid of her own to show her that she is still beautiful. I even wanted to shave my eyebrows but Lynn threw a tantrum and begged me to grow my hair back even though more than an year had passed since I only ever grew my hair till a pixie cut because that is the most Lynn can grow.

All of this thinking about Lynn forced me to walk to her door and I walked in through the door that was wide open. She is sitting in front of her desk painting some kind of picture.

"Hey Laura!" she said cheerfully. A little too cheerfully.

"Hey," I replied, our previous fight forgotten.

"What are you painting?" I asked curious.

"Oh, I am trying to draw the garden she said nodding towards her painting. It looked far from what a garden is like but still how the colors blends with one another and the delicate strokes that her small hands made, made the scenery a beautiful abstract art.

"Let's go to our own garden I need to show you something," she said breaking me from my thoughts.

"Okay," I said and followed her out of the room.

"Here see me and dad planted buds for Narcissus," she says showing me tiny green stems with even tinier green daffodils.

"Oh wow... are Daffodils and Narcissus the... same thing?" I asked her because she clearly is better at this stuff than me.

"No... well yes Daffodils are part of the Narcissus group. Many people gave these types of small plants the common name: Daffodils so their group grew while the real term became less known," she explained me clearly proud of her knowledge.

"Wow... you know quite a lot," I said.

"Yeah well you would too if you would spend time with me and dad in the garden," she mocks still beaming proudly.

I laughed at her expression and for once forgot about the impending storm after this short calm. But I am thankful for this calmness and would change nothing about it.

I really hope you guys are liking the character development, I would love to hear your reviews :)

(Also the plant Narcissus is another reference to HP, Narcissa... Narcissus... get it?;))