Chapter 45: LAURA

(I am well aware that I haven't been as active, I am sorry. It just online classes and home works but I promise I'll try to be more active, Peace)

When I peeped in inside Lynn was asleep again. I went back to where I knew that mom and dad were.

They were sitting near the cafeteria. Mom was eating a sand which and dad was sipping on some coffee. I walked up to them and sat down beside.

"Is Lynn awake?" mom asked.

"No, she is asleep," I answered.

"Okay, good,"

"Won't she be hungry?" I asked taking a piece of sand which that mom offered.

"She would be getting a drip soon," mom replied.

Oh, was all I could say.

...

When I visited Lynn again she was awake and was surrounded by mom, dad and some doctors.

As I came closer I noticed that she had tears in her eyes.

Oh.

So they told her about the surgery. I wish I was there for her but I was sleeping in the waiting room, but I guess everything happens for a reason because I know that I won't be able to handle everything. I am still not sure what I will do about my condition because I am starting to get breathless again more often and the headaches are worse than usual.

I am also starting to get extremely guilty for keeping this all from my parents but I have zero idea what to do.

"Laura?" mom called out to me breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I said as I made my way towards Lynn's bed. When I reached there she turned her head from me. I reached for her head but she jerked my hand away. I looked at mom as she nodded. My parents and the doctors left the room leaving me and Lynn alone in an uncomfortable silence.

"How are you?" I asked her nervously.

"How am i?" she scoffed.

"Come on Lynn," I rolled my eyes.

"What? Why couldn't you have told me about it?" she asked her voice wavering.

"I'm sorry," I answered looking at the floor.

"I can't believe this," she said her eyes tearing up.

"It's gonna be okay, you'll be just fine after the surgery," I tried to console her.

"I hope so," she replied, "when will you tell mom and dad about your problem?" she asked me.

I was hoping she wouldn't bring this up but now that she did I had no way to avoid the question.

"I don't know," I replied honestly.

Pathetic she murmured under her breath.

"Can you pour me some water?"

"Yeah sure," I got up to pour her a glass.

"I would miss you Laura," she said.

"What?" I said not catching her point.

"You know after..."

"No! Lynn don't think that," I said as I hugged her. But I know that she is right. No one could give us any guarantee on what will happen next. I just hope whatever it is it will take Lynn out of this pain.

As always don't forget to comment, vote, add and follow!