Chapter 23: LAURA

(Sorry guys i wasn't able to upload yesterday) 

George kept whispering soothing things in my ear, and I don't even know how much time passed before we went inside.

"Hey do you umm... never mind," He came to me to say something but decided against it. Though I know exactly what he was going to say. He was offering me clothes to wear. His clothes. I am happy that he didn't say it because it would be extremely awkward and my clothes dried just by standing in front of the heater for ten minutes.

"Hey, Laura! You will stay here until dinner as your mom called me and she knows you are here okay?" Olivia, George's mom told-asked me. I really didn't want to go home just now so I agreed anyway.

George and I watched a movie while Olivia and my mom talked on the phone. The movie wasn't boring but still George fell asleep half way through. He looks cute sleeping. It makes his face look even perfect than it is, the way that- No no! I scolded myself. I love George but only as a brother. I focused my gaze on the television and because I couldn't really stop myself at the boy beside me I went to help Olivia, make dinner. She really had out done herself, she had already prepared chicken and potatoes and vegetables and I helped her make dessert.

By the time we finished eating it was already dark. I agreed George to drive me because Olivia wasn't just letting me go alone.

I thanked George as stepped out of his car. He smiled in response. God his smile is breathtaking. Nooo!! I reminded myself to focus on the other matters on hand.

Here I go faking smiles I thought to myself as I knocked on the door. I am staying away from doorbells because it rained just now.

"Do you wanna have dinner, again?" Mom asked me as I hung my coat.

"No, Olivia had fed me more than I could ever eat," I smiled, as I took my boots off. I am thankful I wore them today because of the weather.

I knew was watching me from her room and honestly I am still... angry? No I am still upset with her. No matter what, I can never stay angry at Lynn for long.

But obviously she couldn't know this so I tried my best to put on a steely expression before meeting her eyes.

As soon as she saw me she shut herself inside her room.

I walked past her closed door to my room. I propped myself on my bed and scrolled through my phone using social media as my escape.

Mom called me for dinner again but I politely refused.

After sometime Lynn came in my room and I saw her from my peripheral view but I kept my eyes on my phone.

"Laura?" she asked me in a small voice

I just said "Hmm?" because I could already feel myself becoming soft.

"I am sorry?" it looks as if she was asking me more than telling me

"Okay," I replied shortly still not looking up at her.

"I really am." But I didn't reply. She needs to know that what she did was wrong

"Please Laura, I know that my words hurt you, I didn't mean them." She pleaded her voice was so small that I finally looked into her eyes I wanted to tell her that it is okay that people make mistakes but than she won't learn the lesson.

I am sorry Lynn it is for the best I thought before saying "Lynn, the words didn't hurt me. The person who said them did."

As soon as she heard these words she broke down and hurried out of the room hiding her tears but it was too late and I saw them.

I felt bad. Hell, did I feel bed I felt as though I have killed someone. I followed her out of my room and opened her closed door she was lying in her bed crying. In these past twenty-four hours we both have cried for our lifetimes.

"Lynn?" I asked her finally giving in.

She didn't reply.

"Lynn," I said louder shaking her.

"Just go Laura," she said choking on her tears.

"Okay," I said as I stood up as I knew that she would stop me. I was right.

"Stay? Please I need you more than anything," she said looking up at me.

"Stop crying Lynn," I instructed her as I sat beside her.

"I can't. I am exhausted from trying to act strong," she cried even harder.

"Lynn, people don't cry because they are weak-"

"No they cry because they have been strong for too long," she interrupted me. This was not what I was gonna say and neither did I expect her to say this. She doesn't deserve this... whatever I am giving her. I don't need any apologies and sorry-s as I forgave her right here, right now.

I picked her up and hugged her to my chest there she cried until she could no more and we fell asleep in that position.

...

When I woke up my neck was killing me. Lynn had wrapped her arms down my waist as she hugged me and slept. I kissed her on the forehead, and detached myself from her so that I could brush my teeth and talk a shower. After I came back from the shower to her room she was already awake.

"Can I ask you something?" she said while I brushed my hair in front of her mirror.

"What?" I replied neither of us acknowledging last night's events.

"Is George you know-" she started but honestly I've had enough of this yesterday and also I don't want her egging me on my thoughts for him.

"No Lynn he is like a brother to me," I told myself this more than her, "Also why would you even want to know?" I cried as she wriggles her eyebrows.

"Someone is emotionally unstable today," she mocked. She is back to being the old Lynn and honestly this Lynn is far, far better than the Lynn that I had seen yesterday.

"Someone is being a brat today," I defended.

"I am not being a brat I am just saying that you are really an emotional roller coaster Laura,"

"Says the person who wet my shirt by her tears," I teased.

"If I cried in front of you was because I had reached my limit," she said in a small voice.

"Aww my bratty sister," I hugged her but she pulled away laughing.

"Don't call me a brat," she laughed as I tickled her. Well tried tickling her but she managed to wriggle free.

"Ooh so what should I call you?"I asked pretending to be interested.

"Hmmm... I don't know maybe you can call me, Iove you Laura," it took me a minute too process what she said and meant.

"I love you Lynn," I hugged her and at that moment I wanted--- No I needed no one, not George, not Jake from pre-school, not any other boy because I have my sister to love me and me to love her.

Heyyy everyone! do you guys ship Georga? I DO! also show @zehrahminal some love!! (By checking her stories out and following her of course)

Edit:( AAAHHH!!! I still don't know how to link users please teach me somebody!!!)