Chapter 18: LYNN

"Hey girls I talked to The Make-a-wish foundation this morning..." mom said as me and Laura made our way back inside.

"And?" I said jumping in my wheelchair.

"And... they are willing to sponsor us for a five days vacation!" she broke the news, and I can' even describe how happy I am right now.

"That is great news!" Laura said hugging me.

"Mom! So, we can start packing? When are we going?" I asked still hugging Laura.

"We are leaving in three days so yeah start packing, though Lynn please rest as much as you can as Dr. Beckett has strictly told me that you should not take pressure on your knee, okay?"

"Okay," I said quietly as I suddenly realized why we are going there in the first place.

I wheeled myself to my room as the tears started coming by the time I got there my face was red and hot tears were streaming down my face. I reached my bed climbed it with immense difficulty this made me cry even more.

No! I scolded myself, don't cry don't let this crying ruin this amazing time but if this did anything was to make me cry more.

I am thankful that nobody followed me but at the same time a part of me wants to be consoled.

I am 12! I thought angrily why do I have to deal with this? I asked myself.

By the time I felt a hand on my shoulder I had already cried myself enough to make my eyes red and my head hurt so badly that all I wanted was to sleep and never wake up.

"Lynn?"she asked.

I looked up to see who it is. Laura. Of course she is here, I don't want her to see me in this way. So I wiped my tears.

"Go away Laura, I don't want you to think I am weak,"

"Weak? Why because you are crying?" she asked me smiling

I nodded.

"Lynn, crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth it has always been a sign that you are alive,"

*The ending quote is by Charlotte Bronte*

Comment, Vote, Add and Follow <3