Chapter 34: LAURA

Today we were only going for a food tour around the city so there wasn't much to do and I am thank full for that. I have no idea why but even walking a little is leaving me breathless. The cardiologist—what was her name? Dr. Tyre... Tyre? What is happening is this thing messing with my head as well? Dr. Tyure! Yeah that was her name she asked me to come again and to take some medicine but I never went back hopefully I can go back once we are in USA with George again. George--- yeah he called me twice again but I ignored as he said that he will call me once we are here to ask how it is going. I hope it is nothing important. I hope he understands. In the midst of this all I even forgot to wish him Happy Birthday but I'll make up for it.

After we were done with our tour my head was hurting so hell bad and all I wished for was for was to go back to the hotel and sleep.

Suddenly a girl with shocking pink dyed hair and bright orange sweatshirt appeared out of nowhere adding to my headache. All I wished for at the time was instant combustion.

Just as I was thanking god that Lynn wasn't showing her bright nails to me she swung her hand in front of me.

"You forgot to paint one nail Laura,"

If looks could kill she would be dead on the ground—No! don't think that, I scolded myself.

"Mom can we just go back to the hotel?" I asked her.

"We are walking back to the hotel Laura, are you okay?" my mom asked me.

Oh. Am I going insane? I guess.

"Yeah I am alright I just have a headache."

"Oh okay. Sweetie than just go to the hotel and sleep,"

And that is exactly what I did.

...

I woke up a couple hours after snoozing out to Lynn's voice. I looked over to her bed but she wasn't there.

"I don't want to drink it Mom! It is too bitter," she cried.

"Yeah I know but you need the medicine to get alright," my mom sounded exhausted. She must be trying to persuade Lynn to drink her medicine. That is what we do; Lynn has to eat her medicine so she can somehow get all right. We believe that she can get alright after drinking the medicine as if it was some sort of elixir of life. May be it is.

We didn't go for chemotherapy because by the time we found about her cancer the disease had spread all over her body and chemo would just put her in more pain.

I just don't understand a thing that why is it both of us? Why can't it just be me or why can't it just be her? Why do all of us have to suffer? People might say that it will make us strong for the future. But being prepared for the future that we don't even know isn't our priority being safe and happy is.

Vote, Comment, Add and Follow!