Chapter 4: LYNN

After eating breakfast we headed to the hospital where I am being treated. Usually I am really positive about these appointments with Dr. Beckett but today I just have a gut feeling that something will go wrong. To distract myself I kept looking at the scenery outside sitting in my special car seat (because of my wheelchair). 

After about half an hour we pulled in front of the hospital. I reluctantly let Laura wheel me and then she waited outside while mom, dad and I went inside for my checkup. Dr. Beckett is a kind lady and I really like her. Her soft motherly face sometimes gives me hope that maybe just maybe I could be cured. But today as she took me inside the curtained area to examine my knee I could see the concern in her eyes.

"Now tell me dear, how are you today?" she asked while giving my knee a test.

"Never been better," I said with a fake grin.

"How about the pain?" she asked softly

The pain I thought, it has been excruciating from the beginning but since my last checkup two weeks ago it has been particularly bad.

"Worse," I answered weakly

"Its okay Lynn don't worry," she tried to console me but all I could do is nod. She than told me to wait outside with Laura while she talk to our parents in private.

I wheeled myself to the waiting room where Laura was reading a magazine of some kind.

"What happened Lynn is everything okay?" she asked when she saw me questioning my grave face.

"Dr. Beckett says that she wants to talk to Mom and Dad alone whatever that means."I told her.

"It's okay must be your new medication or it may even be a good news," she said with a fake smile

"I hope so," I replied because I know that none will be able to absorb a bad one.

"Come on lets go to the children's room it will cheer you up," she suggested and when I nodded she wheeled me towards it. The children's room is a kind of place where a child can come and enjoy if they are being treated in the hospital. I don't know why but we come here after each of my checkup, it's kind of has become a tradition.

Laura and I chose a table to sit by cause I didn't really feel like doing anything. She tried to engage me into a conversation many times but I just brushed her comments off and kept biting into the chocolate she had bought me.

Beside us two sisters sat shouting angry (but smart) comments on one another.

"I was born before you so I know a thing," the older one mocked her younger sister.

"Ughhh Sarah please," the younger sister said.

"You are adopted you know," the older one continued

"Well at least they wanted me," the younger one snapped smartly

"Gotta give that kid a point," I said to Laura and she nodded in agreement. We have never really fought like this but we annoy each other a lot and that is what I love about having a sister---you are never bored. All of a sudden Laura's phone ringed breaking my train of thoughts. It's mom she mouthed me.

"Yes mom?" she answered while our mother told her something on the other side.

"Okay mom," she said

"Come on Lynn we can go home now."

When we met mom at the reception her face looked tear stained and her voice heavy.

"Come on sweetie let's get in the car your father is waiting," she said shakily, something is definitely wrong and it couldn't be a good news. 

Stay tuned to find out what exactly is the news!

Vote,comment,add and follow! :)