Chapter 50: LAURA

I have done everything that I could to make mom and dad understand why I kept this from them all but they refused to listen to me.

"Laura, you are not that old enough to make such important decisions by yourself," mom said choking on her tears. Right now our parents are... tired by everything.

George got a great deal of scolding by Olivia as she thought that he covered it up for me. Even though that was not the case at all. He actually thought that I have told everyone but he didn't put the blame on me. He really is the best person I could ask for, besides except Lynn.

Speaking of which, I talked to Lynn. She came on her usual wheelchair as she still needs to get used to the prosthetic and also because she wouldn't really need it anyway. It is a very bitter thought but what can I do, truth hurts.

She said that it was going to be okay and that she would always love me no matter what. It is a small thought but it still means a lot to me.

George tried to calm my parents down and my mom ended up crying on his shoulder. I could see that he was visibly awkward but he didn't say anything.

Right now I am again in my hospital room. I never in a million years would have thought of spending so much time here but I guess life had a different plan.

"Laura, I need to go now but don't worry I will visit you tomorrow," George said coming in.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Pinky promise," he said with a smile.

"Thank you George," I said as he sat beside me on my bed.

"For?" he asked visibly confused.

"For everything," I said laughing a little.

"Oh no problem I will always be there for you," he replied with a chuckle. It really is a beautiful sound.

I put my hand over his as his head shot upward.

"You are the best brother I could ask for," I said.

He didn't understand what I suggested as his face went from happy to confused to... hurt. Understanding flashed behind his eyes as without saying a word he left me alone in my room. He didn't even look back when I called his name as he slammed the door behind him.

Great! Just great. Now I offended the only person who I knew would support and understand me no matter what. Well done Laura, Great work.

(*nervous laughter)

Vote, Comment, Follow and Add!