Chapter 27: LAURA

I woke up by my alarm at about five thirty. Shit. I ran across my room to put on my plain white button down shirt, shorts and sneakers. After curling the ends of my hair I put on lip gloss.

"Laura!" my mom called from the kitchen her voice muffled by the beep of the coffee maker.

"Coming," I muttered as I searched my room for any last minute item.

"LAURA!" my mom shouted louder.

"Coming!" I called.

Nothing was found by my quick search across my room. I really hope I am not forgetting any thing. I was always like this panicking at the last moment unnecessarily. Lynn was the cool one.

"LAURA FRANK!" my mom threatened breaking me from my thoughts and I quickly picked up my suit case and wheeled it to the living room. I parked it beside Lynn's two bags and Mom and Dad's suite case. Good we are only taking four cases with us. Nothing too bulky.

"What took you so long?" my mom asked me as I sat across her biting my bagel.

"Sorry," I said. Lynn has dressed herself. I totally forgot to help her.

"You look really pretty," she said to me.

"Thank you," I said as I nudged her with my elbow.

We all packed in the cab and the driver drives us to the airport. Our flight is of eight o'clock and it is quarter past seven right now so I wheeled Lynn across the airport and we stopped to buy chocolate croissants in the way. Meanwhile our parents were going through the complicated necessities of the flight. My mom called me to come back and I wheeled Lynn back to the checkup line. Ten minutes for our flight. After going through the metal detectors and stamping our passwords we bought a label for Lynn's wheelchair and we were finally allowed to aboard the plane.

...

Five hours have passed since we started the flight. Lynn held my hand throughout and I have to admit it was THE cutest thing she has ever done. Right now she is drooling on my shoulder asleep while I am watching a movie on the seat TV.

...

Eight hours have passed since we started the flight. Lynn and I are doing a crossword puzzle while our parents are eating their meal. We already finished ours.

The plane stopped an hour ago for re-fueling. But now we are flying pretty smoothly. I got the window seat so I spent most of the time Lynn was asleep watching movies or staring out of my window. Lynn is alright with the seat situation as she is acrophobic or something I guess.

"Are you afraid of heights?" I asked her to see if I am correct.

"Me? What no, no I am just being a nice sister to you by not fighting," she told me about her favor. Though I know better of course she is lying. She always holds my hand during takeoff she didn't even ask for the window seat and expression she makes during the ascending of the plane are enough clues for me to make a conclusion. We used to play a game like this when we were small, I don't even remember what it was called right now, it has been too long.

...

We would be descending anytime now as the captain has already warned us.

"Roger, cleared to land," he announced which just means that the runway is ready for landing.

After a moment or two the funny feeling in the pit of my stomach returned and I shut my eyes closed holding on to Lynn arm for support while she clinged on to me. God! I really hate landings.

"On behalf of This Airline, the flight crew would like to welcome you to The Malta International Airport. We will be arriving at the gate momentarily. Please remain in your seat belts securely fastened until the aircraft has come to a complete stop at the terminal gate. Thank you." The captain announced and then the plane came to a halt.

We did it! We have landed safely. We have entered Malta. Our vacation had begun.

As this is my third update today the length is reasonable. Vote, Comment, Add and Follow!